Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Rig G-Cat 5.0 outhaul slide  Bottom

• I have a question on rigging the outhaul slide on the G-Cat 5.0 I've been restoring. The manual (here: http://www.thebeachcats.com/forums/viewtopic/topic/11348) shows an unlabeled line between the boom bail and the larger ring on the outhaul slide. Does anyone know what this is for, or what kind of line it was supposed to be or how it was supposed to be rigged, etc? I can't imagine what it's for other than perhaps to keep the outhaul slide from falling off the boom when not shackled to the main, but then I'm very new at sailing. I tried to email Hans Geissler but got no reply. Any insights would be appreciated.
  • It's VERY hard to see in the online manual you refer to... but all i can make out is that is the outhaul line. it is what is used to pull the outhaul cart (and attached sail clew) outwards to make the sail flatter. there should be some type of bungee inside the boom pulling it back inwards (to give the sail more shape/draft), or it can simply pull in with wind pressure if not locked in the out position (my boat wont do that)

if you are referring to something else, you will need to better illustrate what part you are asking about.
  • Thanks for the reply. The line I was asking about is not the outhaul line (I do have that figured out), but is probably supposed to be for pulling the outhaul slide back inwards, even though I'd think the wind pressure would do that just fine. There's no in-boom bungie on this boat design to keep the slide from sliding off the end of the boom, so I guess I'll start by just putting a bungie there to keep the slide from going off the end of the boom, at least.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.