Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Rivets in H18 crossbar?  Bottom

• The rivets in the H18 crossbar, are they 3/16" or 1/4"? Im pulling mine apart to paint and replace dolphin striker.

I plan on buying this rivet gun, cheap and should be able to pull stainless rivets no problem.
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200305349_200305349
  • they're 1/4" stainless steel

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • Double check that, so far I've only put 3/16" rivets in my 18 (tiller, mast, etc) but maybe they are 1/4" at the crossbar, what do I know! That puller will definitely pull those rivets. I use the little guy and my hand hurts after 4 of 'em.

--
    H18, H17, P19, Glastron GT-150 (Bond jump boat)
    --
  • I've been using the cheap hand puller too but only on aluminum rivets... I was afraid it wouldn't cut it when I try the stainless steel ones.

If I do need to use 1/4" rivets I'm sure I can modify the northen tool gun to work...
  • Yes, they have different sized noses you fit in.

--
    H18, H17, P19, Glastron GT-150 (Bond jump boat)
    --
  • check that, i think the 1/4" rivet gun is the next step up. but the gun your looking at will definitely pull ss rivets up to 3/16".

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • I actually bought a different gun of Amazon. Heavy duty 1/4" rivet gun for $29 shipped.

A lot of the rivet holes are wallowed out so I'll prob be putting 1/4" rivets into previously 3/16" sized holes.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.