Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.2 downhaul  Bottom

• Sorry to have to ask this, it seem it's probably been asked many times before, but my search with the new site was coming up with some errors - I notified Damon of the issue.

I'm pretty sure I've rigged the downhaul system correctly on my new (to me) Nacra 5.2. It's got a 3 pulley system hanging from the bottom of the main and two pulleys on the mast and I'm using all pulleys for maximum leverage, but no matter how hard I pull I can't get the main anywhere closer than about a foot from the boom at the mast end of the boom. I'm quite sure this isn't right from sailing my Prindle and from looking at pics on this site of rigged 5.2's. Any help on how to get the sail all the way down to the boom without breaking my back and destroying my hands would be appreciated. One additional bit of information is that the sail (at least compared to my prindle) feels very new, so maybe this makes it tougher to downhaul, but with my prindle i only had a 2:1 system and I think if my understanding of this is correct I'm now using a 5:1 and can't come close to getting it right as hard as I can possibly pull??!! Thanks for your help!

--
    Scott
    1982 Nacra 5.2 "Great White"
    Ledbetter Beach, Santa Barbara, CA
    --
  • is your 5.2 old - pre1984 - straight spreaders, or "new" after 1984 with swept spreaders

on my 1982 5.2 the sail comes down to about the center of the diamond wire adjusters, from pics that looks like about 8inches above the boom
  • It's a 1982 with straight spreaders, so probably I don't need to worry about it coming all the way down. I'm just used to the "look" on my P16

Thanks for your help!

--
    Scott
    1982 Nacra 5.2 "Great White"
    Ledbetter Beach, Santa Barbara, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.