Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

search function not working  Bottom

• Hi Damon - I tried to do a search to save the group from having to answer a question already asked a million times and did a search for it "main downhaul" and similar searches. The searches net results, but then when I click the links to old forum posts I get this message:

Error on TheBeachcats.com

* Error! The action you wanted to perform was not successful for some reason, maybe because of a problem with what you input. Please check and try again.

Mostly an FYI for your new site bugs...

-Scott

--
    Scott
    1982 Nacra 5.2 "Great White"
    Ledbetter Beach, Santa Barbara, CA
    --
  • Scott, first thanks for trying to "search before you post", as the forums get busier that becomes more important.

Which search were you using, the "Search forums" link in forums or the "Google Custom Search" in the right hand column?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • That is the reply I get when using the Google Custom Search. It retrieves many link to The beachcats.com, but when you try to access them you get an error.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Edchris177That is the reply I get when using the Google Custom Search. It retrieves many link to The beachcats.com, but when you try to access them you get an error.

Part of the upgrade of the site are new (improved) urls for most pages, unfortunately this breaks a lot of links that Google has indexed in the past. The site is being re-indexed but it will take a while for the old links to disappear.

Using the "search forums" link will get you results with good links.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I too used the Google search, I"ll try again with the search forums link. I didn't see that before. I'll look for it now

--
    Scott
    1982 Nacra 5.2 "Great White"
    Ledbetter Beach, Santa Barbara, CA
    --
  • By now you should be seeing an improved search feature replacing the Google search.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.