Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

BSC Cat Caper!!!!!  Bottom

• Birmingham Sailing Club (USA, Alabama) is hosting its annual Cat Caper on Oct 23rd and 24th. All classes are welcome for a fresh water regatta that brings a great location, great sailors and great time to one spot. Come one, come all - practice for the Area D - N and S qualifiers.

Camping on club grounds not only permitted - but encouraged. Check out www.birminghamsailingclub.org for more on the location. Schedule is attached and will be posted on the web site asap.
  • Hey Tom, I'll be there. Looks like it's earlier than usual this year, what happened to Halloween weekend?

Details on the calendar at
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…e=details&eid=479&print=

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I'll be there!

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • The Gastons should be there
  • Connor, you were at Juana's..correct?

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • yes correct
  • Were you on a Hobie 16?
    Will you be on a Hobie 16 for this event?

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • yes and yes
  • Alright, sounds cool.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • I went to the BYC website and it seems like they sponser mainly monohull events from this lake. Has anyone launched from BYC? Is there a beach or do you need to use the boat launch and tie up at the dock?
  • Hopefully you meant BSC not BYC. There is plently of setup area and a 2 boat launch ramps. Usually everyone ties up to the docks expect for the nice fancy boats
  • Glen,
    Birmingham Sailing Club has a long and rich history. Many multihull national champions, hall of fame sailors, etc. have participated on multihulls over the years at BSC. BSC is also deep in tradition as the fore father of the Leukemia Cup, which last year had over 17,000 active participants from across the nation, helping raising money to cure cancer. http://www.leukemiacup.org/what/
    Please watch the video on the provided link, since I don't know how to embed the video here. Maybe someone will do it for me.

The club is a comfortable and beautiful setting, overlooking (from the premier hand picked real estate when the lake was built) the waters of Logan Martin Lake. Camping is great, which usually presents you with a wake up overlooking a dense fog on the water that soon burns off. The weather is usually good and the season is prime for camping.

--
    Philip
    --
  • Well turns out dad can't make it this weekend due to work. So if anyone needs a crew let me know, or if anyone knows someone that would want to crew with my on the 16 let me know.
  • I don't even know if i'm going to be doing this event....

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Whats your excuse?
  • No ride to Birmingham..
    But i'm not 100% sure...yet.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • I hate it, but I'm not making it to Cat Caper. First one I've missed in a few years. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful clear weekend with light air, just the kind of thing I like this time of year.

Hope you have a good one, make sure and take pictures and let us know how it goes.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.