Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sail and Mast Curf  Bottom

• New to cat-ting and have purchased a 1981 Prindle 16. Just rigged the boat on the trailer for the first time and all went well.

Is there any product you can use to help the sail slide up the curf of the mast. Read somewhere that you could rub parafin wax(surfboard wax?) into the curf to make the sail slide more easily.

Have not sailed the boat yet but am hoping to get on the water within the next few days. Sailing out of Myrtle Beach on 42nd Ave North. Any fellow sailers out there in my area? any help I can get would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    DMCAT1
  • silicone spray lube shot in the curf works great, i do mine about twice a season.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Thanks Coastrat,

That makes perfect sense! Should I use any kind of lube on the traveler car on the back cross bar? It seems to move ok but it might be the original one from 1981 and the little wheels seem a little brittle.

DMCAT1
  • Does your traveler car look like this. Silicone will work on the car also.
    http://www.murrays.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/56-3010.jpg

Looks like the rollers are not replaceable. http://www.murrays.com/mm…ics/00000001/56-3010.jpg

edited by: skarr1, Sep 12, 2010 - 11:59 AM
  • You will want to use a dry lubricant. Otherwise, the lubricant will attract dirt and water. Take a look at the following:
    - McLube One Drop Bearing Conditioner
    - McLube SailKote
  • Yeah, that is it. I will give it a try. I was thinking maybe some sort of white grease, something that will stick to the rail they travel in. Do you think that will work?

Thanks
    DMCAT1
  • You do not want anything that will hold dirt or sand. The grease would get all over you and the boat.
  • I use paraffin wax from grocery store for sail bolt rope. A Hobie 16 luff feeder is the final answer to easy sail raising. The new stainless steel ball bearing traveler car is only way to go. You may have to remove inside slotted bolts & countersink the holes a little to allow new car to slide over. I usually have the cars. Pete 909-800-5237

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.