Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Why did I buy this? I dont know  Bottom

• Well I came across this on craigslist and went and bought it from the guy. Why, I dont know. I mainly bought it for the motor. I took the motor off and now I might sell it without the motor. I only paid $200 for it. I may be able to make a little off of it if I hold out even if I sell it for $200 I got a free motor. It is a 1980 8' Howmar Hauler sailing dingy. It is in excellent shape as it was refurbished like new last year.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd278/jeremyd123456/Sail%20boat/3kc3mc3l25W45P55S0a95f6c6fff97714143f.jpg

I may hang on to it for a month or so to sail it by myself vs. the getaway with the wife. It will probably help my poor sailing skills.

What should I do?

edited by: av8erdunn, Sep 08, 2010 - 07:39 PM
  • ~~ It'll hold alotta "Beer & Ice" with RUM, VODKA, TEQL, GIN Chilled Glasses~~ ETC ETC ~~ Ya got the idea... icon_biggrin

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • dude i agree fill that thing full of ice and beer and lets have a party
  • she'll make a fine party "tender"! not to mention a great set of trainig wheels for those aspiring skippers...that thing would hold a keg with some practice.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • coastratshe'll make a fine party "tender"! not to mention a great set of trainig wheels for those aspiring skippers...that thing would hold a keg with some practice.

If I ever had parties I would consider it. How do you think this would go over with some 3 year olds parents "alright kiddies, everyone get in line. Its time for Jägermeister shots." I dont think they would approve.
  • I think it would make a great tender for my Macgregor. I should get a great discount on the price since I arranged for those excellent sailing lessons from Terry.
  • Discount? I ought to charge you more. Just kidding. My neighbor kid saw it today and all of a sudden he is interested in sailing. He his only 9, we will see how long he stays interested.
  • That was the same logic used whren I bought my Bombardier 16' Invitation. The boat leaked like a sieve, but the blades were solid mahogany, & the spars & sail were very good to excellent condition.
    Because the boat sank when I launched it, i paid nothing. I did some research on fiberglass boats & how to repair them, $34 later I had a perfectly functional sailboat that was nearly as fast as a Laser, but a cockpit for 3.
    We sailed the crap out of that thing for a year, 5 kids who had never sailed cut their teeth on it.
    This year we only used it 5 days, so i'm tinking of selling it as a "cottage" boat. My sister in law & niece both sailed it one day & said, "don't sell that boat, we love it".
    So' look at it as something for fun a few days a year, the kids can run it single handed, & if they crash it, so what, you're out a couple cases of beer. They can learn to sail on it, then graduate to your Cat, & 5 years from now you can still sell it as a "cottage boat" for $200.
    A man can never have to many boats, I just added up the inventory, I now have 7 at my cottage, & we use them all.

edited by: Edchris177, Sep 09, 2010 - 09:51 PM

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Hi av8rdunn-

Do you still have this dinghy? And do you want to sell it? Where is it located?

Would like to buy it.

Chuck
    cpops@verizon.net
  • Is that a 1.2 or 3 hp gamefisher? The 3hp alone sells for 350 in good condition

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.