Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H-20 vs. N-20  Bottom

• Please share your opinions on the differences in these two boats. I'm interested in the differences mostly in recreational sailing, not serious racing. Are they comparable? Also how would the Nacra do downwind without a spin against the Hobie.

Thanks in advance.

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    N I20, N 6.0NA, H 20, H 16 Chesapeake bay
    I have a hard time passing up a good deal on a big cat.
    --
  • Two completely different boats. Different hull design, sail plan, mast (carbobn fiber vs alumunim & comptip, and coming ready to go with the spinnker would have me lean toward the NACRA if they were both the same price, or in the same range.

For recreational sailing if you're working on a budget you may be be able to get into a Hobie 20 cheaper. I have seen a couple of them advertised for under $3500.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • John thanks, I have a Hobie 20. I'm asking because I may sell it to a friend this winter and purchase another 20 as a sparing partner. I want them to be similar so neither has an advantage, but I also like trying out new cats. I've never sailed a Nacra and they look nice, so it would be exciting to get one. Don't get me wrong the Hobie 20 is absolutely amazing, and I have no worries getting another one, but I'd like the chance to sail all eventually.

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    N I20, N 6.0NA, H 20, H 16 Chesapeake bay
    I have a hard time passing up a good deal on a big cat.
    --
  • Respectfully, if a sparing partner is what you really want, get another H20. The N20 is a fantastic platform, but it isn't designed to be sailed without spin, and your buddy would whip your ass regularly downwind when sailing against the N20 without the spin.

Sounds to me you already have the N20 in mind, and you're looking for a way to level the playing field. If he is a decent sailor, he will win reaching and downwind. YMMV depending on the skills of the skippers.

--
    Philip
    --
  • ~~ Decisions Decisions~~ ????? icon_rolleyes

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • EvansDB78John thanks, I have a Hobie 20. I'm asking because I may sell it to a friend this winter and purchase another 20 as a sparing partner. I want them to be similar so neither has an advantage......

The only way you're going to do that is by going with Class One Design racing that is the both of you race (spare) on a Hobie 20.

edited by: JohnES, Sep 09, 2010 - 08:36 AM

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.