Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trying to rig the cats. righting line, maybe use a ski rope (also for a step for in the water)  Bottom

• I have a Nacra 5.7 and I had an idea to use a ski rope and the handle for a righting line. The handle would make a nice grip to hold on and I wanted to use the handle as a latter for your foot to climb back on the boat after riding the boat and if you want to swim and get back on the boat to make it a little easier. That is if I can find away to keep it on the boat, out of the way, but handy. Maybe with a combination of a couple of bungees to hold the handle in the front under near the mast. Not sure, will be sailing in the Gulf of Mexico tomorrow.
  • We did this on a hobie wave,
    The ski rope works pretty well..
    A good place to put it, would maybe be around the mast or a couple of bungee's to a hiking strap.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Use of it as a ladder is not to be counted on. The problem is when you step on it the rung tends to go under the boat making it harder to get on. Been there done that.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • it would be nice to have a ski bar to hang off when righting, but ...

i think it has pros and cons.. like every new piece of equipment we carry. more gear to carry, break and get loose (usually when the weather gets heated up. i.e the worst time possible)

I agree that ladder system just dont work on our cats...

If i capsize and can't get up (i can unless weighed down with gear or if exhausted) i currently will tie a loop into my righting line in the right spot for my foot to get a 1' -2' purchase, when i am ready to get on board

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.