Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

ROUND THE CAT, Pass Christian YC, MS  Bottom

• Another opportunity to pass up the leaners, and a fun race! They invited us last year and have invited us again. This is traditionally a monohull PHRF race, so let's answer the invite!

From Ken Yeomans:

It's time to rally the troops and get the word out. The race is scheduled for Saturday October 2nd. We are meeting Thursday night to set the course and finish the NOR. Please email your group and remind them to save the date. There will be food, beverage and entertainment after the race starting around 4:30 (for you fast boats)!
    Best,
    Ken
    KenY@allstate.com

http://www.pcyc-gya.org/
  • Hi Damon

I've attempted to put this on the calendar. I chose 'submit event' and 'go' and the page appeared to send but then it seemed to hang.

I attempted to reload the page and it said something like 'you can't attempt that function.'

Hell I dunno whether the submission made it, but I've tried...

hope this finds you well
    t.
  • sounds great! is it non stop around cat? start and finish at pcyc?...crud, can't make it that day, dang...sounds like a mini endurance race...just far enough to push my beer payload capacity!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Nonstop round Cat. Last year it was start>ICW7>D>C>B>A>tall range>finish

Last year was the first time they invited multis and we had something like 8-10 boats. I do believe it was a good time for all involved

PCYC is putting more stuff on this year. Please, all, let's make a good showing, especially if this is in your backyard.

here's link to online chart

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/11372.shtml

edited by: tami, Sep 02, 2010 - 04:23 PM
  • tamiHi Damon

I've attempted to put this on the calendar. I chose 'submit event' and 'go' and the page appeared to send but then it seemed to hang.

Thanks, good job, don't know what the hangup was but it did go through and is posted now.

While I was looking at submitted calendar items I found several that were waiting approval that I didn't know about, some failure of the email notifications I'm supposed to receive when someone submits an event.

Sorry to Gilligans run, Hiram Haul, and Juana for not getting you on the calendar sooner.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • from catsailor.com

We have revamped the "Round the Cat" race for 2010. This year will feature a staggared start 30 mile clockwise rounding of Cat Island. The race should be mostly offwind with the prevailing winds and down current out and back. We will have PHRF and Portsmouth classes with a finish off the PCYC pier. Free dockage for all participants. Hope to see you there October 2nd at PCYC!

V REGISTRATION AND FEES
    Registration will be held in the clubhouse on Saturday, October 2, 2010 between the hours of 0830 and 0930. The fee for all boats will be $30.00.

VI SCHEDULE
    Saturday, October 2, 2010:
    0830-0930 Registration
    0930 Skippers? meeting
    1100 STAGGERED Start ?All starting times will be available at the skippers? meeting.

VII SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
    Sailing Instructions will be available at registration.

VIII RACE COURSE
    The course for all yachts will be around Cat Island with a total distance of approximately 30.0 NM. However, weather conditions may require a shorter course to be sailed. This course will be inside the island.
  • New NOR just out:

NOTICE OF RACE (revised Sept 13, 2010)

COMMODORE JOHN V. DUGAN, III MEMORIAL
    ROUND THE CAT RACE
    October 2, 2010

PASS CHRISTIAN YACHT CLUB
    Pass Christian, Mississippi

I ORGANIZING AUTHORITY
    The organizing authority of this race is the Pass Christian Yacht Club.

II RULES
    The race will be governed by the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescriptions of US Sailing, the Gulf Yachting Association Regulations for Sanctioned Events and the respective class rules, except as any of these are altered by the Sailing Instructions.

III ADVERTISING
    The regatta is classified as a Category A event.

IV ENTRIES
    THIS WILL BE A STAGGERED START RACE. PHRF and MULTI-HULL entries are limited to seaworthy boats not less than 16? LOA. If a boat does not have a valid GYA PHRF rating the PRO will provide a rating for the race. The race committee will have the final say so in what class a boat shall sail. All boats must be equipped with either a VHF radio or a cell phone.

V REGISTRATION AND FEES
    Registration will be held in the clubhouse on Saturday, October 2, 2010 between the hours of 0830 and 0930. The fee for all boats will be $30.00.

VI SCHEDULE
    Saturday, October 2, 2010:
    0830-0930 Registration
    0930 Skippers? meeting
    1100 STAGGERED Start ?All starting times will be available at the skippers? meeting.

VII SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
    Sailing Instructions will be available at registration.

VIII RACE COURSE
    The course for all yachts will be around Cat Island with a total distance of approximately 30.0 NM. However, weather conditions may require a shorter course to be sailed. This course will be inside the island.

IX ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    For additional information, please contact:

Jay Williams, Fleet Captain
    Phone: 504-858-4017 cell phone
    E-mail: harryjaywilliams@gmail.com
    David Taylor, Race Committee
    Phone: 228-332-1847 cell phone
    E-mail: dpt0622@cableone.net
    Cathy Cornett, Office Manager
    Phone: 228-452-2571 office phone
    E-mail: cathy@pcyc-gya.org
  • A note to remind that Round the Cat is THIS weekend.

Winds predicted 10-15 from the north. should be a fast race

Mississippi Sound marine weather from NOAA

http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=gmz532&syn=gmz500
  • so nice to meet ya'll saturday! can't wait to get it together soon...bummed i can't race this weekend but there will be others. hope you get a great turnout! good luck too!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Thanks coastrat! Was nice to meetcha. Wish we'd been on the trimaran. Of course because we didn't rig up, the weather was really awesome, both Sat and Sun, nothing moved in till Sun nite

we'll be cruising with some frequency, let's stay in touch
    t.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.