Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Couple of questions.  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

• If it went into the gulf, juanas would be canceled.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • There is a third storm in the Atlantic that might be around for Juana's.
  • If it reaches here, that will suck.

edited by: TylerH, Aug 31, 2010 - 06:29 PM

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Maybe we will get lucky. Steve, you bringing your Macgregor?
  • To Juana's, I hope.
  • I just went through my NACRA box and found that my socket set is missing. Tyler did Philip steal......... ah... end up with it? He will of course blame the crew.

edited by: skarr1, Aug 31, 2010 - 07:06 PM
  • I am going to try an make it to Juana's. Only as an observer of course.
  • skarr1I just went through my NACRA box and found that my socket set is missing. Tyler did Philip steal......... ah... end up with it? He will of course blame the crew.edited by: skarr1, Aug 31, 2010 - 07:06 PM

Ahaha, no...not that i know of.
    they day you guys left, we cleaned out the box and replaced alot of old lines and whatnot..we also added a battens to the leech.

From what i saw in the box, there was nothing of that sort..

edited by: TylerH, Aug 31, 2010 - 09:00 PM

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • QuoteBad part is I would have to keep the Getaway due to the front tramp. She likes that feature but I see myself getting bored with the Getaway quickly.

I love this string. Reminds me of the camraderie at my beach. Re: Getaway vs Nacra. A big Nacra is NOT a family friendly boat (boomless or not) whilst the Getaway is. We have several on our beach and everyone has come to admire their versatility and safety. A great design.

It has taken us 6 years to get to the point where our 5.8na is a trusted family member and we've learned the hard way and my imperiled 11 year old is now 17. It would be no place for very young children.

My suggestion is to get yourself a used 5.0 or H16 if you want something faster and keep the getaway. You might also be able to find a hobie 18 with magnum wings for under $4k. These are a bit more family friendly but have booms.
  • The marine forecast looks good, just right for training exercises.http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules/pn_bbsmile/pnimages/smilies/icon_lol.gif
    Saturday: N wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNE 5 to 9 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday: NE wind around 9 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

Now if I could just find crew, I am coming even if I don't.

edited by: skarr1, Sep 01, 2010 - 07:27 PM
  • I would love to crew for you or Terry on Saturday if yall dont have a crew. Will you know tomorrow afternoon if you will have a crew? If both of you have a crew its no biggie, I will bring my boat. Do you think I would be better off bringing my boat so I could get experience on it? I am going to stay at my parents place on Friday night in orange beach so I will only have a 30 minute drive Saturday morning. Also about what time does the wind start blowing in the morning? I know when I went to Pensacola a few weeks ago it didnt start blowing good until around lunch time.
  • It doesn't matter to me. If you want to bring your boat ok. If you want to crew on my boat that is fine. If Steveneeds you that is fine too. Just let me lnow. My crew is more flexible ( he is 12 and I own him)

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Terry go ahead and bring your son with you and if Steve finds a crew I will just bring my boat. icon_biggrin
  • Well be sure because my son is NOT dying to go. He would much rather stay home.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • My dad used to give me a choice. Ride the motorcycle with him or stay home and cut the grass. Some times the grass would get kinda tall.
  • That will be his choice go sailing or cut the grass. But I am flexible, if you need a crew jeremy can go with you. If you don't he can go with me ( we will both learn something) or if he wants to bring his boat I can find a crew.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Did you get a crew Steve?
  • Not yet, even if I do you can ride with us. I have set my boat up with three traps. I don't think it will be windy enough for all three of us on the traps.

Saturday: N wind 6 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: W wind 6 to 11 kt becoming NE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday: NE wind 8 to 11 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday Night: S wind 5 to 8 kt becoming ENE after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.

Labor Day: ENE wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

We will be at site #2. Could probably meet at the Burger King for breakfast.
  • skarr1Not yet, even if I do you can ride with us. I have set my boat up with three traps. I don't think it will be windy enough for all three of us on the traps.

Saturday: N wind 6 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: W wind 6 to 11 kt becoming NE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday: NE wind 8 to 11 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

Sunday Night: S wind 5 to 8 kt becoming ENE after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.

Labor Day: ENE wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.

We will be at site #2. Could probably meet at the Burger King for breakfast.

thats some light wind :D

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • That sounds good. Terry, can you bring your son to ensure that both boats have a crew? Where is BK in relation to the park?

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.