Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.8 NA  Bottom

• I'm hoping someone will know the sizes and lengths of the following lines for the Nacra 5.8 NA;
    main halyard, jib halyard, barber haulers, jib sheet.

Also, does anyone use the tail of the main halyard for the down haul. Is this idea crazy for some reason that escapes me.

Thanks very much.
  • From the Nacra manual (your mileage may vary):
    main halyard 61 ft.
    jib halyard (wire with pigtail on NA)
    jib sheet 40 ft. (variable depending on furler and jib pigtail length)
    barberhauler 16 ft.

You could, but dont use the halyard for the downhaul, you always need access to the halyard to drop the main, even on the water. . . and if it is the modern downhaul, it will not be long enough and it is continuous. You need access to both bitter ends.

--
    Philip
    --
  • You can buy the owners manual and a parts list from Murrays Marine. Make sure you get a hailyard that is made of the least stretchy line you can buy. West marine is a good place to get it. I have a Harken downhaul system on my boat.

Not a good idea to use the same line for both.
  • Damon has both those publications stored on this site, for free. There are two versions of the assembly manual.
    Or go to this Nacra company link. Click on whatever one you want, then save a copy of it to your hard drive. If you go to the main Nacra website, clicking on the obvious choice, "manuals" doses not work. You have to click on Catamarans, then scroll to the bottom to find "Archives". That will get you to the link I posted.

http://www.nacra.us/nacra/nindex.html

edited by: Edchris177, Aug 28, 2010 - 08:28 AM

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.