Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Getaway Front Tramp  Bottom

• In another thread there was talk about whether the front tramp on the Getaway was for cargo or could be used for extra crew space.

Here's a video with family of five on a Getaway, two kids on the front tramp. Looks like a great day on the water and room for everyone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKM2gGxNou8

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hey, that's me...and wife, 2 kids, and one of their friends.

The front tramp is cool for the kids. The material could be softer so that knees don't rash. In rougher water, the waves will splash up and the kids think it's like a water park ride. Often we'll strap a soft-side cooler on the main tramp, right behind the mast in order to carry more than what the built in coolers will hold.

Once they attempted to have 3 of them sit on the front spreader while going downwind. The first decent wave sank the nose, stopped the boat and almost had us pitchpole. Never tried that again.

Great family boat but after 2 years, I'm ready for something faster so the Getaway is now in the classified section.

--
    Uwe
    94 Prindle 19 - "überKat"
    DFW, TX
    --
  • uhHey, that's me...and wife, 2 kids, and one of their friends.

That's great, looks like you guys really enjoy life, or as the old Hobie advertising campaign.. "The Hobie way of life".

Glad I was able to lure you into posting by linking your video! icon_evil

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I love Getaways...They are the ultimate for "Family" fun on a cat. Anything that gets people on the water and in the sport...Kudos to Ketterman!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.