Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H21SE...finally got it out....  Bottom

• Night and day difference from the H16 I use to sail. It is a lot of boat, but in some regards easier to sail. It handled choppy waves much easier. It punched through them instead of going over them.

Most of the sail we used just the main sail, and flattened it so we didn't get in over our heads.

Here is track of the short sail we took using an app for HTC Incredible phone...
    http://www.sportstrackliv…maidan-voyage/42343/full
  • Thats great news..finally got it going. I'm flying out of Morristown for the next two weeks. I'd like to go out to the Jersey shore and check it out while I'm up here.

--
    Flightlead Bimare F18 HT SpaceCoast
    --
  • PM sent
  • "In over our heads" could have been literal (like Jeff on the 6.0). Glad to see it finally out there, even though our poor little 18 was no match for it. got a good look at the port centerboard as you went by: it really wanted to fly that hull.

• Good to see you guys too. Yeah it is a fast boat, but it was being sailed very poorly, I will admit.

Thanks for all of the pointers hopefully I can become as proficient of a sailor as you or some of the others there....

Hey maybe next sat we can all do a BBQ or something out there?
  • glad to hear it got wet! cool app.. .whats it called?

PS i will be in LBI next month for a few days.

Any places to rent a cat around there? I rented a h16 about 10 years ago there, they had it rigged completely wrong.
  • andrewscottglad to hear it got wet! cool app.. .whats it called?

PS i will be in LBI next month for a few days.

Any places to rent a cat around there? I rented a h16 about 10 years ago there, they had it rigged completely wrong.

SportsTracker Pro is the app. They have features to Bluetooth a heart rate monitor...it is really impressive.

Where in LBI? You are not far at all from our marina. Ill see about getting you setup with a boat.

• cool, i think its in Harvey Cedars but have to check with my father, he's the one who's renting the beachhouse.

I will be there probably sept 2 and 3rd
  • andrewscottcool, i think its in Harvey Cedars but have to check with my father, he's the one who's renting the beachhouse.

I will be there probably sept 2 and 3rd

Cool...nice area, well all of LBI is nice. I know there is a hobie dealer in that area. I dont know about rentals in the area. If interested I am sure we can get you on a boat at our marina.
  • ~~ cool app. Eric...... I used it to go up to Oneida lake, N.Y. and checked out my spot and where I live.....
    Glad ya got the 21 in.... a bigger boat makes alotta difference.... icon_wink

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/mma600psi/IMAG0182.jpg

Got wacked by the traveller car and tiller on a jibe, guess my timing was off.
  • That looks like it hurt just a tad.
    icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • ~~ You'll be able to buff that out, try 800 grt wet... it'll l@@k as good as new...... icon_biggrin

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • popeyez7~~ You'll be able to buff that out, try 800 grt wet... it'll l@@k as good as new...... icon_biggrin

Maybe a west system with a coloring agent to match the flesh color. I think the prep with the 80 grit and acetone will be the painfully part!
  • When jibbing that beast it never hurts to grab a handfull of mainsheet and swing the boom over. To keep the hotstick out of your way just throw it off the back and let it drag in the water. Use the tiller cross bar to stear. After the jib you can retrieve the hotstick.
  • I agree with BeachSailor, grab the sheet (between boom and trav) and manually help it acrross. this will prevent ifrom slamming over and will help you gain a good feel for when the boat wants to gybe.

• Agreed!

I gotta try throwing the tiller in the water and then picking it back up.
  • I'm surprised you risked a jibe in that wind on the first time out! On the 18 in heavier air I usually pull the traveler in a little as I start over, then sheet in as the boom starts to come over and let it and the traveler out when it crosses midships. When Carol is skipper (the only female skipper out of Trixie's??) I help her out by physically grabbing the boom and acting like a human boom vang as it comes across.
  • Yeah the traveller would help too.

Just curious what is your hourly rate to come aboard and perform your human boomvang services? icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.