Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

vinylester  Bottom

• I know nothing at all about restoring/refinishing a hull. I came across this, however, on a forum about restoring a kayak and it sounds simple enough for even me to try. has anyone ever used this and/or would it work on a cat? Can you paint over it? Thanks.

On a warm sunny day, thin Vinylester with Acetone, catalyze, and either spray or brush on.

The thinned resin will soak into the exposed weave of the Kevlar, restoring it to a much better finish. The warm sunny day will flash the Acetone out of the resin once it's been applied.

On really sun damaged skincoat Kevlar, I'll pour the mix on the hull and just spread it around with a chip brush. It's amazing how much soaks in, a 18' boat might go through a quart or more of the mix.
  • Epoxy is so easy to work with that i would just stick with it.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • A lot of the beach cats actually need more glass added to the bottoms of the hulls as the wear from getting dragged onto the sand. I have used 2" strips of class and resin to build up this area and then just fair it and spay a few coats of Gelcoat on top of that.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.