Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Alpha cat parts and info  Bottom

• I just inherited an Alpha 18 and am looking to restore it. I am looking for replacement rudders any suggestions? Also does anyone know where I can find rigging plans?
  • I finally finished restoring my Alpha 18 last summer. Let me know what you need, I would be happy to provide photos and advice. The Alpha-cat was built by Tom Roland who eventually started the Nacra line beginning with the 5.2. There are some parts from the Nacra 5.2 that will fit the Alpha, specifically the rudders and daggers. I had problems with the top cap seams delaminating and leaking really bad, so when I redid the boat, I glassed over the seams and made it sleek and seamless. The Alpha-cat is a classic boat that you will enjoy, it's 10' beam, forward boyancy, and large sail area make it a very stable platform. I have a number of photos of the restoration project, and I will likely be sailing mine this weekend in Nebraska. Just let me know what you need.
  • When you go to sail it you will find it a very wet boat due to the fat bows. rmenegat where are you located ? I might have some parts, tramp, etc for your boat. Pete 909-800-5237
  • Yes... Very Very Wet boat.

Pete,

Do you happen to have a low mileage Alpha jib sail?
  • Don't have Alpha jib, but Tornado jib which might work. Pete 909-800-5237
  • Hello,
    I have a Hobie 18 which I have abused for years in the ocean and just love the ease of that. Now have a chance to get the AlphaCat 18 which I would keep on a windy river. How do they compare????
  • Sorry so late in responding, I would be interested in seeing what you did to your cat. I fell through the tramp on mine and broke a couple of ribs and that put the kybosh on the summer. Back at it now. Ric
  • QuoteSorry so late in responding, I would be interested in seeing what you did to your cat. I fell through the tramp on mine and broke a couple of ribs and that put the kybosh on the summer. Back at it now

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.