Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Unidentified Boat  Bottom

• I am trying to sell a beautiful wood catamaran but I don't know the make/model/year of it. I really want to sell it to someone who will take care of it and possibly take me sailing some time...seems I can't. I posted some pictures but would like to get more information...

It is different that any other I have seen or can find images of...the tarp actually laces to the hulls. Honestly I don't even know how to use your site but am trying for the interest of a classic boat (History buff here)
  • there are a number of cats out there made from wood, 2 I have seen on this and other websites;-
    1) Shark catamarans http://sharkcatamaranclass.org/
    2) Cougar catamarans http://www.thebeachcats.c….php/product/10618/cat/1

Hope this helps some, otherwise you will need to open an album on this website and post pics there to see if anyone can help identify unknown cat

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • There were some wooden tornados made also. I would also suggest adding an album and posting a pic. If the people on here haven't seen one it is either a home built one off or a really esoteric european make.

Regards,
    Dave

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • The wood Tornados were the material of choice before the cooked Marstroms took over. I have two & they're stiff & fast. Tornados are 20' long & 10' wide
  • Dave what does esoteric mean?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Esoteric: Really really unusual. Only a few people know about it.

Apparently abstruse means the same thing, but using that would be just silly. :)

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    --
  • Oh I though Esoteric was a boatbuiler in Latvia.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • i have seen some nice ones made of wood.
    i may paint my cat faux wood (in polyvinyl) :)
  • That's actually very funny. One of my coworkers was saying that she had enough points on her credit card for a trip to europe. I responed that so did I, only it had to be to Latvia or Kazakstan.

Andrew, I don't think the woody mystere look would suit you somehow.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.