Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Traveler cam cleat  Bottom

• Can I replace justh the cam cleat pn my traveler or do I need to replace bullseye and all?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Nevermind but can anyone tell me how I size the camz?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • It's probably not the cam that's broken but the little spring inside. Does only one cam not work, but the sister does ? Remove the screw, check spring--sometimes it just jumps off the little post--put it back on by over twisting it as you put it on. Harken (red & black) screw spacing is different. Remove it, pry off red plate on back, check spring--Murrays has them. Pete
  • Spring is broke, I suspect they are original OtherwiseDdo I go buy a harken cam cleat based on load? What is the load range? Sorry guys any recommendation would be welcomed.I was thinking line size would be 3/8 to 5/16? icon_confused

edited by: golfdad75, Jul 15, 2010 - 10:10 PM

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • The spring is about a dollar. Cleat about $35
  • if it's just the spring you should be able to alter a similar spring to make it work

pics would help...

5? years ago i used the spring from a ballpoint pen to get a friends 50cc scooter gearbox to return to neutral

the deal was he went and ordered the correct spring the next day

he didn't and it's still running

some springs, like valve springs and suspension springs, have a hard life

others, like tiny return springs, do not and can be made to work in a wide variety of jobs

edited by: erice, Jul 16, 2010 - 03:21 PM
  • However... these little springs can be a real pita to get back in the right spot and to get the cleat to work. (Not impossible by any means but can be a pain).

It MAY be a good idea to order both a spring and cleat. If you can get the spring to work, then you will have a spare cleat. Otherwise you may be spending time repairing a spring vs. sailing
  • the sheet griping cam on my 5.2 traveller is solid alloy and i can't see it EVER wearing out

just needs a little lube on the pivot occasionally

and the correct tension on the through bolt so it can pivot freely

and of course a spring that gives it 45? of movement

the range of spring tension that would work is huge

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.