Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

ship island saturday!  Bottom

• winds out of southeast 10-15kts, looks like the perfect ship island day! golfdad75http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=75003&g2_(terry) and i are going so come on out!
    buy some ice, beer, and cheesy poofs and support the gulf coast! if your not sure where the secret spot is call me(bill) @ 601-307-5855 and i'll hook you up!...tell the wife you will cut the grass sunday...see you there, bill.

edited by: coastrat, Jul 15, 2010 - 02:16 PM

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Yall have a great time, please share your cheesy poofs with the seagulls and the ladies.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • will do backasswards, you will be missed by all, especially the laddies! do you want to jam friday night?

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • And by ladies you mean grannies, yum. Friday night will not work for me, I have a date with Beyonce.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • Have to replace a deck port, Friday and get a 1 inch rip sewed but I plan on being there. Also found out that flat deck ports won't work. How dumb am I? Have to run to Key Sailing Friday morning to get 1.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • its on like donkey kong, getting early start, could be some squals, see what she gives us....O Segredo Frota.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • So, is it safe to leave your vehicle parked at the ramp all night. I would like to come down and camp on one of the islands.

edited by: skarr1, Jul 16, 2010 - 10:49 PM
  • bring plenty of off and a mosquito net, camp on on of the exposed beaches as far from foliage as possible. You cannot believe how bad they can get out there.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • i have seen some people leave ther cars ther overnight...on guy lived in his winnebago there for a month last year and no one(not even police) said a thing(even after he tried to turn it around on the beach and got stuck,duh). we have not had a problem there yet.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Hey Coastrat how was the sail?? I checked the Gulfport Outer Range Buoy and looks like there were gusts up to 16 kts. Guessing it didnt take 2 hours to get to the Ship.

Are there any cheesy poofs left?

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • awesome day! winds were mainly out of the south so we stayed around biloxi beach/bay. not a drop of rain, sunny, winds were nice. met terry(golfdad75) and his son there did some sailing in the sound and met a boat club from new orleans(fast motorboats/donzi,bajas.etc.) on deer island and took a bunch of them for rides on the cat(blew there minds naturally!). saw a handful of other cats out having fun, i absolutely smoked a sol cat 18, can't believe how much faster i was. i could hang with terry's nacra 5.2 on a reach but he points much better with those boards. and no, not a poof left!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Great time was had by all.I wish we could get some more boats. That is a great place to sail. Gulf winds flat water what could be better?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • What, no photos?

Terry a 5.2 for sale herehttp://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/1848633542.html

You could have a spare boat instead of spare parts!!!!

edited by: skarr1, Jul 18, 2010 - 10:24 AM
  • No thanks I have enough sweat equity in this one. But it is coming around. I have to get the jib wires under the tramp though. My crew is going to mutiny. Also I used to laugh at people who have 8 to 1 mainsheet systems. Now I understand.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • dang...no photos, wife had camera. it was picture perfect day though...thanks to the new orleans boat club for supplying the cuteies;), having them line up for rides is a nice touch, i didn't mind it a bit!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Sounds like a great time. Cant wait to try out the Hobie 18 in the Gulf waters. My only salt water sailing is off the SC coast. So the flat salt water sounds nice.

Glad it was a good day.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • http://www.charts.noaa.go…OnLineViewer/11373.shtmlthere are some good deals these days on the coast w/hotels. there was a deal where you got 2 nights hotel at a good discount and a 75$ gas card...worth looking into...cheesy poofs still full price.

edited by: coastrat, Jul 18, 2010 - 10:14 PM

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • sailinaginSounds like a great time. Cant wait to try out the Hobie 18 in the Gulf waters. My only salt water sailing is off the SC coast.

David, How did your trip go? Get out through the surf ok? Let's see a pic of the yellow boat in your avatar!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon, Thanks for asking. It went great. Only once did we have a little problem getting out when the wind was weak and the waves were not!

Did all you suggested with the traveler and weight distribution on the boat. I gained a whole new respect for the strength of the 18. My favorite part was landing. That was a blast surfing in. I also got to where I would turn up into the wind in the shallow surf. Lookin' good. Like I knew what I was doin'.

I have a lot of good pics but there is one I am waiting to have emailed to me. The boat is at near 45 hitting a wave head on. That will be my avatar when I get it.

Hope you are doing well. Want to talk with you sometime about trying to revive the fleet at Arkabutla. I am considering doing that but know idea what I may be getting myself into.

D

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.