Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

installation of fixed mama bob on Hobie 16  Bottom

• Has anyone had experience installing the fixed mama bob on the top of the old Hobie 16 mast which has the curved sheath covering the halyard pulley? Can you drill the sheath covering?

The instructions I received with my new purchase do not address this old style mast, nor is it covered in the hobiecat.com web site.
  • Do you reallly want a mamma bob? hobies should float on their side just fine if the mast is sealed and adding all that weight to the top of the mast will make stepping it that much harder.

if you gotta have it, you can mount a rod with straps and rivets to the side of the mast and the bob will sit on that.

I used to have a mamma bob on my hobie 18sx because it took so long to set up the righting bag solo
  • ecsmootHas anyone had experience installing the fixed mama bob on the top of the old Hobie 16 mast which has the curved sheath covering the halyard pulley? Can you drill the sheath covering?

If you get it figured out please take pictures and post in the Technical Help album. Here's how it was done for a Hobie 18 by another sailor.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=34617

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • A friend of mine just did that. He had reservations about the thickness of the area to be screwed into but the local dealer said do it. I guess the screws are too short to go thru and hit the pully. Anyway its on and works. Just don't drill too deep.

--
    H18, H17, P19, Glastron GT-150 (Bond jump boat)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.