Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

how do I remove oxidation on top of the hulls on a non skid surface??  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• golfdad75A lot of people do not like poliglow, do you have to keep reapplying? That is what I hear. I know that wet sand paper and a good rubbing compoud work wonders.

I really think it's either people who have never tried it, professionals who have a vested interest in labor intensive ways, or folks that bought the Poliglow and didn't follow instructions and do the prep work. It's not really magic, there is quite a bit of work involved to apply correctly the first time.

It's recommended by Poliglow to add one or two additional coats a year, I still haven't done that after two years and it's still shining, I still have a 1/2 bottle and intend to recoat, just kind of hot right now.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • fxloopHey Damon, I just got a H16 ( sails great -hulls are very solid ) I'm signing up at DSC, arkabuttla lake. Heard about you from the Rooke crew here in Memphis. I really need to clean/polish/protect my hulls so this info here is great!
    Plan on heading down this weekend with my GF, prob sunday, but will be glad to meet ya soon i hope!
    Tim

Hey, Tim....If you're going to sail on Arkabutla, don't waste time cleaning and polishing, just go ahead and paint your hulls that burnt orange/brown color! Just kidding...it's almost as bad here on Ross Barnett! Come visit our club (Reservoir Sailing Association) if you're down in the Jackson MS area.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • rattlenhum
    Hey, Tim....If you're going to sail on Arkabutla, don't waste time cleaning and polishing, just go ahead and paint your hulls that burnt orange/brown color!

That would work, but the boat would be a little hard to see. rofl2

But the mud colored water of Arkabutla was a successful test for the Poliglow, so there's that.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=25936&g2_serialNumber=4

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • fxloopHey Damon, I just got a H16 ( sails great -hulls are very solid ) I'm signing up at DSC, arkabuttla lake. Heard about you from the Rooke crew here in Memphis. I really need to clean/polish/protect my hulls so this info here is great!
    Plan on heading down this weekend with my GF, prob sunday, but will be glad to meet ya soon i hope!
    Tim

Hey Tim,

I am in Collierville and would love to get out sometime with you and Damon. Have been looking for others to sail with. Arkabuttla is a decent spot but like Damon was saying it can be muddy and the water is still high. Ive sailed there several times.

I found a good spot to launch at Sardis - Teckville Landing. It has a beach, ramp and larger sailing area than "The Butt". From Collierville its 1:15. Damon and I were there a few weeks ago. DSC is handy though it you want to store your boat there mast up.

If you go tomorrow you may want to have a paddle, the winds look very light and coming in and out of Hernando Point the wind can die easily.

Hope to see you on the lake sometime.

David

Edited by sailinagin on Jul 23, 2011 - 04:06 PM.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • Hey guys, give me a call sometime 647-9699, email is grovertim@gmail.com
    Sardis sounds like a great idea, i'm free every weekend. Im in Cordova :)
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • Newbie looking for more info....... I tried the poliglow and I did the top front of my hulls. The tops are yellow in color. Put on 3 coats and it looks great. Now here are 2 more questions

1). Put Poli Prep (diluted 3:1 water to poli prep) on the side of the hulls, which are white, and could swear it caused some staining of the hulls. It was like it went through the white gelcoat and pulled back some yellowish coloring from the fiberglass. I stopped right away, but wondering if anyone else experienced. My hulls are near perfect so this was really concerning.

2). how difficult is it to remove enough of the tramp to clean the top portion of the pontoons covered by the tramp. Estimate the time to do and explain how to do. Yes I am a newbie.

Thanks to all. This Wednesday is my maiden voyage on this Prindle.......can't wait.

--
    Dave R.
    Grand Haven, MI
    '84 Prindle 16
    --
  • Are you sure the hull sides are the original color? Maybe someone here knows if they made Prindle 16's in two-tone. It could be that your hull sides have been painted and it's the original yellow underneath you are seeing.

If you haven't seen a Prindle 16 assembly manual, it shows how to install/lace the tramp. Would be good for you to remove and replace to inspect and clean the hulls.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=75669
    Tramp install is on pages 4-5-6.

Also, please, it's hulls, not pontoons.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Just wanted to jump in here and say thanks...I'm getting ready to sell a little fishing boat I have to make room for the cat...the finish on the old boat had really lost it's shine and oxidation had set in. I got the poli prep/poli glow kit and finally got around to the chore today. I am amazed. I don't think the boat looked this good new. Almost hate to get rid of it. It's just a 15 footer so it didn't take long....probably 2.5 hours of light work. I have plenty of product left over so I plan to put it on the Nacra. I read about poliglow here so thanks for the info!!!

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • All early P-16 hulls were two color; changed in '75 or '76. Pete

Edited by pbegle on Oct 10, 2011 - 07:41 PM.
  • Anyone here got before and after pics?

--
    Bob Miller
    1983 P16 Sail # 7312
    "Miller Time" A work in progress; out of the water for 16 years
    Barnegat Bay NJ
    Beach Cat Lesson #1 - A free cat isn't
    Find more Prindles on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/173120656090532/
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.