TheBeachcats.com

Prindle Vs Hobie  Bottom

• Which do you think is better?

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Funny thread, I thought Philip convinced you that Nacra was the king of boats?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Once we get this topic figured out we can go on to "which is better"

Yellow or Green?
    Ford or Chevy?
    Atlantic or Pacific?
    Blues or Jazz?
    icon_evil

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Nacra is king of all boats!!

I just wanna know other people's opinion.

Plus, im thinking of buying one.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • mystere's rule
  • QuoteFunny thread, I thought Philip convinced you that Nacra was the king of boats?

That's my crew, he will be severely and tirelessly disciplined . . .

--
    Philip
    --
  • So Philip, Whatcha think is better?

Prindle or hobie?

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • AHPC!!!!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • WolfmanAHPC!!!!

I personally Agree on that too.

Ahpc and nacra are the best boats there are.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • I think the Hobie kayak is far better then any Prindle kayak out there. That goes for surf boards also.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Marstrom's are pretty neat, the 20, 30 and 40's are all rockin - http://www.marstrom.com/
  • hobie up to 15-18 kts wind,up to 2' seas...prindle if its BLOWING and rough...hobie for light to medium crew..prindle for heavy weights...hobie for fleet racing, prindle for cruising...hobie dryer boat, prindle wet...hobie for hull flying(flipping and pitch poleing downside),prindle more modern design and stable(same company makes NACRA). parts availability-draw.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • oh yeah, i prefer my yellow chevy and jazz on the old atlantic record label...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Prindle is easier for a poor sailor (me). Better design and easier to set up

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • my p-16 takes 20 minutes to go from trailor to rigged, loaded, and ready to sail...i considered upgrading this offseason and decided i don't race often enough to warrant the extra set up time. we are the classic "trailor sailors" , so set up time is at a premium. it was a 500$ boat, complete with beach wheels, trailor, double traps, butt buckets, etc., couldn't pass it up. best 500$ toy i've ever had!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Sounds like similar rig time when I had a H16. I could go from trailer to sailing in under 30 minutes with crew that didn't know how to help. With my regular crew we could do it in 15 to 20 without breaking a sweat.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • They both have If we are talking in a 16 foot I would go Hobie everytime as parts & info & support are unmatched!
    18 Foot I would go Prindle 18-2 over Hobie 18 the centerboards are just way less stressful the daggerboars and I sail in the surf so this is major. As for F18 well no Prindle so it would be a Nacra or Hobie and that whole other topic plus I cannot afford a F18 so I dont know enough on that subject but I would lean toward Hobie just because of thier product support over Perfornmance Cat.
  • Can't comment on Hobie except I learned to sail on a 16..all I remember is I dumped it quite a few times...nice looking boat...I own the prindle 16...has it's + and -...one thing for sure is ...it can truly carry a lot of weight and continue to sail pretty decently even though the hulls may be under water..it's a wet boat in any kind of chop but very forgiving..it's not a race boat..kind to beginners..I wish the prindle lifted better in a sea but maybe it's just the sailor

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.