Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Old gal getting a facelift!  Bottom

• Sooo...I finally got my '81 Prindle 18 hulls repaired and all sealed up (thanks so much for all the help from my beachcats brothers). Now I'm turning my attention to some other areas that need fixed up. First I ordered a new trampoline from slosails, should be here next weekend. Next I ordered two new bridle wires and new trapeze wires from salty dog marine. I also ordered two new 6" hatch assemblys from duckworks. Before installing the new tramp or hatch covers I need to repaint the top of the hulls. One of the previous owners had repainted the hulls but I'm not sure what kind of paint they used. It's not a perfect job but the boat looks good from 20';however, the top of the hulls were painted terquoise icon_confused the bottoms are white. The sails are med blue, orange and yellow (factory sails). Needless to say the clash of colors doesn't help the boats appearance. I'm trying to decide what kind of paint to use and more importantly what color to paint the top of the hulls. I am thinking about either a blue to match the sails (med blue), a sand color or possibly white. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • White is the only comfortable color to set on in the south!
  • I agree white on white looks good on any sailboat. Put a nice nekked pinup decal on the bows and you are set! ;) Yellow is tough to pull off unless the boat is SMOKIN' FAST and sand looks very early 80s.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Sounds like white is the way to go. How would you handle the non skid areas? Just paint over them and not worry about it? I'm thinking I'll use Brightsides white. Just scuff up the old paint, wipe it down and spray?
  • Mine was professionaly faired and gel coated so I have no idea about paint. I do know that my decks were baby blue and that they just painted white right over them. You could also attach a non-slip surface to it like Hydro-turf, but I would worry about it breaking down over time.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • http://a611628.sites.myregisteredsite.com/thubderpussy.jpg

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.