Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Salty Dog Marine/Vinyl Ester Jib Battens?  Bottom

• Hey folks.Been looking to replace a couple jib battens I lost.Are the vinylester ones available from Salty Dog Marine good enough for a hobby sailor,and is Salty Dog a good company to do business with.I tried some DIY battens I made from vinyl guttering but they seem too flimsy.
    Also,while I've got your attention,is running without jib battens a problem.What are the pros/cons of going "battenless"?
  • yes salty dog is a reputable company

i only know about glass and foam battens so i can't respond to vinylester

many h16's go without battens. the pro to this is less hangups on the mast during a tack. I had battens that had a hinge in them on my h16 (avail through hobie). they were cheap and worked well. another pro to going battenless is its easier to furl that jib.

the con's to going without are... typically more flutter and vibration in the sail.
  • Salty Dog are good people. They held onto a couple of orders til I got my act together, then shipped everything at once to save shipping to Canada.
    They communicate quickly, & their prices are pretty good, I won't hesitate to use them again. I don't think they take phone calls anymore, but they answered all emails promptly.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Salty Dog is a great place to buy parts from. As for the battons Hobie super jib battens may also be an option you might consider they come as a full set and you can get them from murrays or your local Hobie dealer.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.