Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.8- Years of Production / Pricing  Bottom

• Hello- I am new to Nacras and looking for a little advice before I pull the trigger on a purchase. I have a seller that says his boat was built in 1999. Have these boats been built every year since the early 80's? I have done some research and have not seen other boats for sale that are 1999's.

The hull has "Nacra" in a aqua green color and "5.8" in red above the tail on the cursive "a". This is located in the middle of the Hull.

If you know what year / vintage this boat is, what do you think it should sell for if in decent condition? The location is in the Ohio near the great lakes.

I really appreciate any help that you can offer.

Thanks,

Tad

• I?m not positive, but I think the last of the 6.0?s, 5.8?s and 5.5?s were built in ?02. The hull ID number should be on the starboard hull behind the rear beam on top outboard corner. The last 2 numbers are the year of manufacture. Should be something like NACH0236F099

Decals can be changed so I have no faith in the graphics.

It's worth what a buyer is willing to pay and not a penny more.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • i think they started being made new in about 1978 in the usa, (solid glass hulls with stringers visible through the ports on the inner hull)

then they switched to foam sandwich hulls in about 1985, no stringers on inner hull

and i think they are still being made new in australia

search this forum for "old nacra numbers" to see a thread about identifying build year from the number stamped on the rear of the hull

you would have to assume it was worth somewhere between this 1982 boat and an f18

http://www.thebeachcats.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/10329/cat/1

http://www.thebeachcats.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/10329/cat/1

edited by: erice, May 26, 2010 - 07:01 PM
  • It could be possibe you have a boat that was made in 1999, but I do beleive they stopped "normal" production in the mid 90's.

As for the seeling price, I would do some shopping around. I know a gent that just picked up a 1995 5.8 North America on an aluminum trailer, cat box, beach wheels, clean crisp sail that had been stored under car port for $3200. The boat is in awesome shape for its age.

I gues the price is going to depend on how motivated the seller and buyer are.

Good luck

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • MisterTwisterHello- I am new to Nacras and looking for a little advice before I pull the trigger on a purchase. I have a seller that says his boat was built in 1999. Have these boats been built every year since the early 80's? I have done some research and have not seen other boats for sale that are 1999's.

The hull has "Nacra" in a aqua green color and "5.8" in red above the tail on the cursive "a". This is located in the middle of the Hull.

If you know what year / vintage this boat is, what do you think it should sell for if in decent condition? The location is in the Ohio near the great lakes.

Thanks,

Tad

1982 Nacra 5.8 production started
    1995 Nacra 5.8na
    1999 last 5.8na was shipped
  • Biggie
    MisterTwisterHello- I am new to Nacras and looking for a little advice before I pull the trigger on a purchase. I have a seller that says his boat was built in 1999. Have these boats been built every year since the early 80's? I have done some research and have not seen other boats for sale that are 1999's.

Thanks,

Tad

1982 Nacra 5.8 production started
    1995 Nacra 5.8na

Good info, I always thought the NA production started in 93, guess I was wrong.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • 1982 Nacra 5.8 production started
    1995 Nacra 5.8na

Hi Biggie......don't mean to quibble but i own a 1991 5.8na. i've also seen 'for sale' listings on this website for na's as old as 1982.

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • When Nacra came out with NA they offered the upgrade package to all the 5.8 owners. This package included a new sail, forestay, sleeves for the beam, and the foil for a very reasonable price. I have an 83 5.8 NA with spinn.
  • I checked NADA for a 1999 Nacra 5.8NA and it gives this information
    List price when new $9,160
    Used low retail now $4,450
    High retail now $5030
    Hope this helps in your decision
    I also sailed a Nacra 5.8 for over 10 years and I consider it one of the best catamarans I have ever sailed.
    MisterTwisterHello- I am new to Nacras and looking for a little advice before I pull the trigger on a purchase. I have a seller that says his boat was built in 1999. Have these boats been built every year since the early 80's? I have done some research and have not seen other boats for sale that are 1999's.

Thanks,

Tad

• For reference, I sold my Nacra 20 (1995), without trailer, in very good condition for $4750.00 a couple of weeks ago.

I still have the galvanized trailer with sail box but the Nacra was taken apart, put in a U-Haul to be taken to a container bound for Chili. Intended for rentals at resorts. The buyer picked up 15 cats here in CA for delivery.
  • Have you seen the two for sale here on the Classifieds?
    There is an '83 asking 3K, includes box & trailer, located Alabama
    an '84 asking $3300, & that is with trailer, box, new sail, & roller furler, located Florida.

you should be able to positively identify the year. Ask the vendor to email you a photo of the end of the rear hull, showing VIN#. Here is what my '84 looks like. The last 2 digits are the year,(84) the final letter the month (G=Aug in pre Aug 1 '84 boats, G=July, post Aug 1 '84 boats)
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=71728&g2_serialNumber=4&g2_GALLERYSID=b4657e0825d69ab3d1dedc6963d34bac

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.