Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Slip to Ship Regatta  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• the dauphin island race was BRUTAL! when we rounded the middle bay lighthouse, i noticed the boat in front of us turn abruptly and his main sail was coming out of the cabin...his mast plunged through the deck and almost went through the hull...then the radio crackles with distress call after call...we ended up getting second in class because all the other boats withdrew...even the downwind leg was too rough to drink a beer...mobile bay is one rough/choppy place to sail...ever year i feel like i played tackle football after the race.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Great news!!! BP said they will sponsor the race if we all agree to pull a skimmer behind our boats... they said the one who skims the most oil will win a fishing trip in Venice, LA.

--
    Andrew ~ Nacra F17 #136, Hobie 18M #22
    --
  • I've just received an update on Slip to Ship conditions
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/Article345.html
    and looks like everything is great and should be a wonderful event. 30 boats have registered online so far and I know that the Jackson, MS guys don't have none of that Interweb to do that so I'm sure more are coming.

If you are withing striking distance of Ocean Springs, MS please do yourself a favor and get to this regatta, it's a great time.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • UPDATE....HOT OFF THE PRESSES!!!!

For those of you who are Jimmy Buffett parrot heads or watch Jimmy Kimmel, you will know Ilo Ferreira. Ilo has been a special guest touring with Jimmy Buffett and has exploded on the national scene. He knows our band for this weekend, Rhythm and Rain and has agreed to come play at the Ocean Springs Yacht Club!! Saturday night. The music and festivities will start at 5:00 p.m. with Ilo, and will roll right into Rhythm and Rain after he is done. You can find out more information about Ilo at http://www.iloferreira.com/. Rhythm and Rain info is at http://www.rhythmandrain.com/.

Don't miss this one...you will kick yourself....... READ BELOW AS WELL!

Ken

Come on in, the water is fine. Remember, this Saturday and Sunday is the Slip to Ship Regatta open to all boats 16' or larger. If you have not registered already, please go to the web site www.osyc.com and do so.

Finally, this year, we will raffling off a great variety of sailing stuff, gift certificates, meals and lodging sure to please.

I'll see you at the club,

Sail Fast, Live Strong

Ken
  • I'm mast up on the beach right now! Can't wait, looks like a great weekend. Club is better than ever with a nice crop of grass in the camping area. Can't get better/cheaper regatta anywhere, $50 with free camping.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Damon,
    Me, Ken Haga, Jerome and Karl are planning on sailing tomorrow around noon so be ready.

--
    Andrew ~ Nacra F17 #136, Hobie 18M #22
    --
  • Hey Andrew, cool, see you on the beach.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • good times!! saturdays second race finish was ELECTRIFYING! smell the ozone, feel the power, hear the sizzle! i tell you it was exciting, death defying, sail tearing, hand shocking, electricity in the air!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Yeah, me and Philip tore it up out there...well, until we flipped.

edited by: TylerH, May 31, 2010 - 02:38 PM

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • after closer inspection, lightning bolts are bigger around than i originaly had thought...any closer and they would be calling me "smokie".

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.