Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Slip to Ship Regatta  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• Ocean Springs Yacht Club plans to host the 25th annual Slip to Ship regatta "Tradition" on Memorial day weekend come hell or oily water. We at OSYC are keeping a good eye on the oil spill and we are hoping the worst case scenario for the regatta is that we may not be able to sail out to Ship Island as scheduled. If this is the case we plan on having an alternate race course for Saturday but there will be racing, a raffle, camaraderie, beer, chicken, live music and tall tales of regattas past.

You can register on line at our website www.osyc.com under sailboat racing. The late registration fee has been waived and a full refund is available if we are unable to hold the regatta due to the oil. Keep in mind that the oil sheen is miles off shore and no one will be asked to sail their boat in oil. Early on line registration is very important tool in planning a successful regatta so please register as soon as possible.

The date of the race is Memorial Day weekend (May 29th and 30th) and anyone who can stick around to Monday we may just throw in another day of buoy racing. See the NOR on the OSYC website for more details.

Regards,
    Andrew Luquet

edited by: cat136, May 09, 2010 - 08:20 PM
  • so good to hear that! we had a blast at the sos regatta and am looking forward to slip to ship. mayby they can get that leak stoped soon...see you there!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • See you there.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • hey ron, if oil messes us up on the coast, we were thinking about ross barnet as an alternative but i have never sailed there. whats your take on it, where to launch and such...really prefer the coast but will settle for just sailing...were in hattiesburg so we can go any direction easily...really pulling for the crews working on the spill and leak, i really love oysters and shrimp and crabs and speckled trout and...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • The winds on the Rez tend to be all over the place, not like the costal winds. If S2S gets axed, we will sail here. The RSA (local cat fleet about 30 boats) has the only beach and it gets crowded on Sunday, normaly 6-10 boats out, very small launch area. We are located by Cock of the Walk. Friendly bunch, my number is on the sign, second number.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Dang, Rooster got censored. It's a restaurant. Co*k.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • You need to watch your language Ron... I feel confident the oil will not keep us from having this event. They may have ship island surrounded by booms wich would keep us from going out there.

--
    Andrew ~ Nacra F17 #136, Hobie 18M #22
    --
  • Saw some pictures were they are starting to put them around West Ship. Sorry about the language, i've never been censored before just banned from the old hobie list. Please dont make me do bouys in the bay for penance.

Still planning on being there.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I am planning to be there if there is no problem with oil.

Jim Gates
  • It would really help out the folks at OSYC planning the event if everyone would register online at their site at http://www.osyc.com/index.php?module=Registration

You can also see who has already registered. (I'm In!)

The entry fee has been lowered to $50 and no late fee. This is a great event and may be the last chance for a long while to see this part of the Gulf Coast as it should be.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • nacra55Saw some pictures were they are starting to put them around West Ship. Sorry about the language, i've never been censored before just banned from the old hobie list. Please dont make me do bouys in the bay for penance.

Still planning on being there.

Just do 2 penalty turns...
  • we were in biloxi bay last friday and it was beautiful!...15-20kt. winds out of s.e., calm in the bay, hull flying dream day... no oil...knock on wood...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Talked to a ranger that is out there. There is NO OIL on the islands as of the weekend before the regatta. I expect no oil to come in for the next week. It's 40 miles out (oil). There are three booms (1000 ft. each)set at the east island. One on the northwest, one on the northeast, and one about the middle (north side) to close off an inlet. He says no sheen or oil on the north side where we would be going. Looks like a GO for the race to me.
    Jim Gates
  • Jim,
    I saw some pictures of booms in the channel between Deer Island and Biloxi. Are they going to give us a problem going through there?

Looks like we have about seven boats coming down.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I didn't see them. Haven't been sailing lately. Should be open. The coast is open for bussiness. Andrew said he was going to go out to Ship and check things out this weekend.
    Jim
  • bring it on!! unless you hear otherwise(from osyc) its on! booms not an issue...they don't close off anything...ship island open...ferry running...just parts of island have booms, not surrounded...early weather report light winds(s.e. 5 to 10 kts.)

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Me and some guys from the club sailed out to Horn Island this past Saturday and NO SIGN OF OIL... there were some booms in place around inlets but that was it so everyone load up and come on down lets make this a big one!

--
    --
  • totally stoked...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Hey Butch are you out there? You need to bring your P19 over to slip to ship this weekend!

--
    --
  • Hey Andrew,

Yeah, Judy and I are out here . . . but not comin' this year (deep, heartwrenching sigh)
    She's got finals saturday and with the job situation (she just got rehired after 6mos)
    we're having to keep the money belts tight for just a little while longer.

Got to find a P19MX main somewhere too, tore mine up when we pitch-poled
    under spin at the Dauphin Island Race. Had mud up (down?) the mast head
    almost 4 feet :)

Anyway, we got high hopes to make the Hop so don't count us out all together
    this year :)

Butch & Judy
    P19 w/Spi

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.