Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Of possible interest to those contemplating the Cuba trip.  Bottom

• During all the time I spent in Cuba, there were no issues regarding health care. Most clinics were a bit scarce on equipment, but there was no shortage of Doctors. (This was a legacy due the conflict Russia had with Angola, the Cubans had hundreds of medical personnel there). Seeing the Dr was free, but you had to buy antibiotics, mostly on the secondary market.
    My wife & daughter were perusing the travel site that employees of my airline use for personal bookings & came across an alert regarding travel to Cuba. I post it here verbatim from our site.

Medical Insurance Requirement for Travel to Cuba

Effective May 1, 2010, the Cuban government will require that all visitors to Cuba, including Cuban nationals living abroad as well as persons residing temporarily in Cuba, obtain traveler?s medical insurance as a condition for entry into Cuba.

* Should be purchased prior to entry into Cuba and shown on arrival, presenting proof such as:
    o The medical insurance policy
    o A certificate of insurance
    o A travel assistance card
    * Must cover the entire length of stay in Cuba
    * Is the customer?s responsibility
    * May be purchased upon arrival in Cuba HOWEVER
    o If a customer proves to be inadmissible due to lack of medical insurance and the Cuban government is unwilling to issue/sell medical insurance for some reason, he or she will be mandated to return to their country of origin
    * Customers can go to Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada for more information and updates: http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapport-eng.asp?id=69000.

edited by: Edchris177, Apr 26, 2010 - 07:23 PM

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.