Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cross Tampa Bay Regatta  Bottom

• Hi Everyone,
    I?m taking part in arranging a regatta across Tampa Bay from a private resort. My question is this. Is June too soon or should I book it in September? There are lots of advantages in hosting this event at a private resort like a mast up parking lot, overnight beach parking, alcohol on the beach is cool, clean rest rooms, security and best of all, No City Government Regulations or cops with ticket books!!There is a campground nearby for those who need to go on the cheap but the resort will give us a good deal on rooms. It?s 8.5 miles across Tampa Bay to the St. Pete pier and about the same to Beer can Island which is party central in the Bay.
    I hope to make this an annual event and need your input.
    Wesley
  • Update: It looks like it will be in September as I was just called up to deliver a 36 ft cruising Cat to Belize. YAHOO! Getting paid to sail is better than getting paid for lovin. Well, at least it's legal.
    Wesley

edited by: catman1122, Apr 24, 2010 - 02:11 PM
  • If this could work out to be an annual
    race instead of a one time shot . . .

This could be a very big deal
  • The plan is to make it an annual event for sure. I'd like some input from the group as to what you might like in the way of class racing. Being that it's a private resort, we will have a lot of control over the space and its use. Plan on a BIG party every night at the tiki bar right on the beach and watch the sunset over the Bay. A lot of attention will be given to the on shore activities. Live bands, beach games and even a kayak trip on the local river. I've hosted many events here and they all have been well received so far. It’s just an awesome location. It’s the only place dark enough to see the Milky Way at night for about 60 miles north or south. It looks like the first or third weekend of September will be the date.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.