Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Midpole snuffer system for H-16  Bottom

• I need the placement measurements for the Spin Tang. I have a comp-tip mast. I have all of the hardware and need to know how exactly the return line feeds through the tramp back into the sock and out to the chute. I understand the principle of a single line system and have seen some rudimentary diagrams, but need more info...I have heard talk about some sort of a block on a spring that is mounted on the tramp that the line passes through. Anyone have Diagrams and or suggestions? I have seen the one posted referring to a NACRA but it didn't help much. Thanks Darrell icon_confused
  • Darrell,
    Here is product support Hobie gives for spinnaker rigs. Look under the Sail heading. The last 4 pdf files should be helpful. Put the H14 mast tang 54" above the shroud tang. Well, the eyes on each tang should be 54" apart.

http://www.hobiecat.com/support/tech/sailboat.html

--
    AJ Sawyer
    Nacra 20
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • agreed.. that is the data you need. it shows how to mount your tangs/blocks and clearly shows how to set up a 1 line system.
  • I'm looking to set up a midpole snuffer for my H16. I have everything except the pole (the old one is too big around for the snuffer). Where is the best place to get anodized aluminum tube? The OD has to be 1.5 in to fit inside the snuffer attachment. What thickness of tubing is adequate? What length should I use? Also, where is the best place to get a stock spin pole? I don't know whether to buy one or make one. If I make one then I have to figure out the end fittings... especially the end that attaches to the crossbar. Any ideas about everything?

--
    AJ Sawyer
    Nacra 20
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • or if anyone has an extra one to sell I would definitely be interested. I live in DE

--
    AJ Sawyer
    Nacra 20
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • Find someone with an old spar from a sunfish. They are about 14 feet then cut it to length. That's what I have on my Nacra F18. As for the lenght, I don't know, my spin is larger than what you have. Murry's has the endcaps.

As for the block with the spring on the tramp, the one I saw was right in the way. We mount the block on shock cord and tie it off to the rear beam and use a gromet to go under the tramp. This keeps that halyard strait and not all loopy on the tramp.

Use a good single braid line for the Haylard and you wont have problems with kinks or twists during sets.

Ron

Edited by nacra55 on Jan 25, 2011 - 03:36 PM.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • you can look for a local spar shop
    you can find a local aluminum dealer
    you can look for a used wind-surfer mast (carbon or allum) these are often tapered and may or may not work

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.