Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Portable Catamaran Ramp  Bottom

• I have a bulkhead with a 2 to 3 foot drop off to the beach/water (depending on the tide) and am trying to come up with a plan for getting my NACRA 5.2 up and down it. My idea right now is to build a track for each hull, using 2x4s, 2x8s and carpeting. Then I may need some type of winch, depending on the way it works.

I receive the suggestion to use PVC instead of carpet, but just not sure how to best secure the PVC.

Does anyone have experience in these situations? either used or built a catamaran ramp? or ideas?

Thanks,
    Greg (Kent Island, MD)
  • We have a simillar problem on our lake.

We use 12x2 planks with conveyor belting screwed to it. We have a 1x1" strip fastened to each side of each plank (under the belting) to help guide the boat and stop it falling off.

I can slide an H16 up and down it single handed.

When wet the boat slides up and down easily.

Carpet would be good as it won't hurt the boat. It may start to rot unless you store it dry and out of the weather.
  • Where do you get conveyor belting? Do you have a picture of it I could see. I'm still trying to figure this one out. I have another thread where this has been discussed I'll send your way.
    Greg

zuffenWe have a simillar problem on our lake.

We use 12x2 planks with conveyor belting screwed to it. We have a 1x1" strip fastened to each side of each plank (under the belting) to help guide the boat and stop it falling off.

I can slide an H16 up and down it single handed.

When wet the boat slides up and down easily.

Carpet would be good as it won't hurt the boat. It may start to rot unless you store it dry and out of the weather.

• I get my belting through a friend who moves boats for a living.

I guess you could try asking around mine sites but try your Yellow Pages as there is a similar section in ours.

We're a little distance away in Australia but we have the same waste materials that end up being re-sold.

That said the carpet should work just as well but maybe not last as long.

Next time I'm up the lake I'll try and get a photo and post it up and Pm it to you.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.