Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

What will be your first regatta?  Bottom

• Since the sailing season either just getting underway or will soon.

Do you plan to attend weekend regattas this year? What will be your first of the season?

What is the farthest you plan to travel this year?

If you never do these, if so why not?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again after a dreary winter in Memphis.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • dauphin island race, last year 4th in class, dang. slip to ship and horn island...WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Well out here on the west coast, the official Hobie Season does not start until the first weekend in May with a regatta put on by the Hobie Fleet in Santa Cruz. I am planning on sailing the Richmond YC big dinghy with my Hobie 18 on April 17. Its only a MHRA event though, not a Hobie event. Ryan
  • Same as coastrat for us. Dauphin Isl, Slip-to-Ship, Horn Island Hop,
    Island Fever (if they have it again), Juanas GTR. Maybe a couple more
    here and there. Would like to do one in the Dunedin area and somewhere
    on the SW coast of TX....but those are iffy.

For the weekend ones we'll be there with our blue pop-up and plenty
    of room for extra chairs :)
  • I raced in Jan (but not on a catamaran - :( ).

I have done a few Daysailor races as crew (and did well) to get my racing skills up to snuff (they are very tight starts and lots of technique in how to cover someone)... BUT they have re-enforced that i really dont care about racing.

I was asked to crew again for the mid winters in 2 weeks, but i think i am going to decline.

I plan to do 1 more race this year... in October. The Bob Barton Race for Cancer. Bob is a local catsailor who recently was diagnosed with caner of the mouth and its a fund raiser for cancer research.

This is a very good cause.. but last year this distance race took me 5 hours (granted i had a hot blond on board) and i came in just about last (4th corrected). Bob was nice enough to give me a trophy anyway.

I PERSONALLY find it much more enjoyable to go island hopping with a bunch of cats, and have a rum (or 12) and just enjoy. If there is more than 1 cat, its a race.. and thats all the racing i need.
  • You know, I had just commented on seeing the GT300 here in Texas. I have yet to "race" and my crew was really wanting to do the race. It just seems like a ton of prep for that one. Maybe we will start with the "dash". It, I believe is a 40 mile race and seems more like a go for a first time. Work is getting busy (great thing) so I'll see if I can swing it!
  • If the ice ever thaws? It will probably be the Spring Regatta
  • First Regatta this year WAS... Mid winters at Houston Yacht Club last weekend on F18s. :)

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.