Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

nacra5.7; racing it? & South TX sailing Questions.  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Good to know. I had the trampoline restitched and the trailer redone over Christmas. Currently, the boat is parked in Dallas; with any luck I'll get it down to SPI by summer.

If I do not get the boat in the water soon, I may just sell it and get back into rowing.

Life in Ohio is killing my available sail time.

williamcheramie@mac.com

Wc

chump23Will, I live in the SPI area and am looking at getting back into sailing after about 15 years. I'm in my mid 30's and would love to crew and learn next time your down this way.

I am trying to decide which boat I want for this summer, and a 5.7/570 are in the running. I also like the idea of a Hobie 21 with wings.
  • If you get out of Ohio for a sail, and want some crew just reply to this thread. I will get an email. If you can't, and decide to sell let me know as well. I have in-laws in the DFW area.

Also, do you know if Nacra makes wings for a 5.7/570? I have seen a 6.0 with wings once, but can't find any info about whether Nacra even still sells them.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • Good to know. My Nacra is parked at my inlaws, waiting for the next drive to the island.

I have wings on my 5.7, I think they were 6.0 wings that managed to squeeze onto the 5.7. Key Sailing in Pensacola, FL is where the boat and all of is accessories were purchased. Perhaps give them a call. That being said, the wings are really great. I've comfortably had several people out on the boat in light to moderate conditions. being 6'5", it's nice to have a place to lie down and stretch out if the wind dies out.

Wc

chump23If you get out of Ohio for a sail, and want some crew just reply to this thread. I will get an email. If you can't, and decide to sell let me know as well. I have in-laws in the DFW area.

Also, do you know if Nacra makes wings for a 5.7/570? I have seen a 6.0 with wings once, but can't find any info about whether Nacra even still sells them.
  • I called Key Sailing, and they tell me Nacra hasn't made wings in about 15 years! I guess you are one of the lucky ones.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • FYI. I've got a nice, ready to sail Nacra 570 listed in the classifieds (just up the coast from you). Check it out!

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • fun2themaxFYI. I've got a nice, ready to sail Nacra 570 listed in the classifieds (just up the coast from you). Check it out!

I've seen it, and it looks very nice; however, I want/need wings. No offense, but for the same price your asking for your boat plus adding wings, I could buy this Hobie 21 instead http://www.thebeachcats.c…e/p14184-hobie-21se.html.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • When you are comparing pricing keep in mind that the Hobie is an 88, 16 years older. I'm not trying to push you to buy mine, you have to get what you want or you won't be happy. Unfortunately there are a lot of nice boats that don't have wings as an option. Good luck to you on your search!

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.