Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

What's involved to convert to roller furling?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• Note on the turnbuckles, the open style is easier to inspect. I had a mast come down once because of a closed style turnbuckle and the fact that I needed to measure the extent of the thread to get any idea if I was within safe limits. Turns out I wasn't. Nu humans or animals were harmed, but my ego was dented worse than the mast track...
  • [quote=andrewscott]This (pic from Dave's link above) is hardware overkill... you do not need all this hardware...

http://home.comcast.net/~ragenpl/nacra/fuller-01.jpg

This is the exact set up on my '97 N6.0 too. It seemed like a lot of "stuff" when I was first put it together, but I've become accustomed to it. To the best of my knowledge that is the "stock" setup. I've thought about simplification, but the stuffs already there...
  • what ever works for you... its no big deal
  • The first couple of times I set the boat up, I was concerned about over purchasing the downhaul and raking the mast forward. It never seemed to happen, but I still agree with the hardware overkill. I just know where to rob an extra block if I need it :). The good part about it is the boat is tight as a drum!

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.