Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

nacra mast casting  Bottom

• I'm trying to fix an old tornado here in Costa Rica ...
    I'm missing the whole mast step assy .. so i'm wondering if i can adapt a nacra system, expecially for the mast casting.. do anyone knows the dimensions of the mast extrusion of the Nacra? my mast(an old IYE) dimensions is 4 1/4 by 2 13/16
    thanks ...
  • the external dimensions of the mast extrusion on my 1982 nacra 5.2 with older style base, non-pinned when raising, 127.2mm x 80mm, or 5" x 3.15"

the alloy casting at the base of that mast goes on to a 1.25" nylon ball on the dolphin striker post

about 1983 nacra went to a cast base with a safety pin to hold it onto the boat while raising

that pinned base is a retro fit kit so must fit into the same mast extrusion

but the newer pinned base needs to go to a bigger 1.5" nylon ball which threads on to a thicker stainless DS post

i think the older 1.25" balls are now unobtanium so while the older base casting might be cheaper the parts to match it may work out more expensive

murrays list the newer parts in their catalog or you get them direct from nacra

seem to be plenty of the older bases around for about $20 but you'll need to then find the ball etc. put an ad in the parts wanted section of this forum

link to parts

http://www.murrays.com/archive/27.pdf

edited by: erice, Dec 15, 2009 - 01:08 AM
  • Just a side note that I've heard from a sail shop in Houston. Many parts from Performance Catamarans are terribly slow in getting to the consumer these days. One example was a mast that was ordered months back, and still had a month or so to go to be delivered.

Sorry guys, meant to post this in a different thread.

edited by: turtlecat, Dec 15, 2009 - 09:34 PM

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.