Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

I bought it! I now own a NACRA 5.7  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• edchris,

Cograts, that Nacra is in really good condition, I jealous 2. I recommend you download the manual from the link above given by Gordon, take page 10 with you when you go pick the boat up. You will not be able to stand on that tramp, even if you retension the tramp you don't know what condition it's in. The 2 cables attached to the forward crossbar are your trap cables and can be utilized in lowering the mast to preventing sidesway, with cat on level ground, attach rope to forestay and lower mast untill someone at the rear of the boat can reach over head and lower mast onto rear crossbar, http://www.thebeachcats.c…94cfee23d6f025daddf3a0a3. Then your only problem will be keeping the mast rotated at 90*. If cat is on trailer when attempting this, make sure cat is strapped firmly to trailer.

Now that you have a winter project, you might want to check this out:- http://www.poliglow-int.com/

Turbo
  • Good point. And you do not want to be trying to reinstall the tramp in a hurry. It is not easy or straight forward for a newbie and you will make an inconvenient mistake. I had to drill and retap for one of the strap bolts and one of the moon washers.(these are on the inside of the front cross beams and inhibit rotation).
  • Thanks for the info. I have downloaded several documents, will look for/print pg 10.
    I was thinking that with the pin in the forward 1/2 if the mast there was no way it could be tilted backwards. Upon further thought, if the pin only serves to fix the coupling, it can still rotate backwards.
    The tramp is OK to stand on, it is a bit saggy,looks like the rear rope has been slacked, but maybe the tramp needs replacement. What you are looking at in the picture is an old tramp that is just lying on top of the real one, I presume it was put there as a weather cover, it is only held in place by a few weights. I took it off for inspection & bounced on the tramp near the side rails to check for excessive flexing along the hulls. There was almost no movement, so I'm assuming that part of the hulls are sound.
    I don't know if they leak, no water came out when I pulled the plugs, but maybe it has to be more of a tilt.
    I'm bringing a survival floater jacket & cell phone with me when I motor it across the lake, just in case it sinks out from under me. Man you guys who live in the Southern States are lucky, tomorrow is going to be chilly!

Just scrolled up & saved a copy of that manual. I see it is for the newer boats,(570 vs 5.7) but hey, it has pictures! Now I understand the captive system, that pic is better than a lot of writing! Thanks for that bit of intel, it's printed & in the waterproof bagg, along with my satellite shot of the lake courtesy of Google Earth. It's not a marine map, but should suffice for my purposes.

edited by: Edchris177, Dec 03, 2009 - 08:12 PM
  • Quote Upon further thought, if the pin only serves to fix the coupling, it can still rotate backwards.

Yep! It's just there to grab the ball. Good luck with your move and again congrats on aquiring a really nice cat.
  • sweeeeettt vintage cat!! rub on it and go! i bet your stoked!! love the period vinyl graphix! the hulls look like they will polish up nice. do the sails have color in them? fix only what it needs and get mega bang for your buck, you can always spend big bucks on a newer one later. man i tell you youre gonna get HOOKED!!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.