Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Raise My Trailer Rollers  Bottom

• I would like to get more clearance under my Hobie 18 by raising the double rollers in relation to the trailer frame.

I have these double rollers on each corner, attached with U-bolts. Anyone have ideas and steer me to the correct pieces to add/change? Even a couple of inches would help a lot.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=35060&g2_serialNumber=4&g2_GALLERYSID=6b273ed30b3bd22340ea3b1ba256eeeb

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Can you weld? Do you have a drill press and large vise?

edited by: Garret, Feb 06, 2008 - 12:31 AM
  • GarretCan you weld?

I don't know, I've never tried it. icon_biggrin
    GarretDo you have a drill press and large vise?

Yes

I've been looking for a source for simple taller brackets that are holding the center of the double rollers that I could swap in, with no luck.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • best bet is to take the whole thing to a trailer company (or any fabrication shop)... they will have the know how and the tools to make what you want...
  • Dont know if I'm to late to comment on this one but what the heck. I have the same rollers and padded them with carplet for non marking reasons, and prevent chipping the boat on close metal. That small amount in height worked well. If its complete height your after the 2 brackets that hold the roller assy. to frame can be elongated by simple welds. Cost less than a Franklin in my part of the world (assuming 2 assy.) Dont forget Muffler shops do great welding...CHEAPLY.

• get longer u bolts and put some blocks in there

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.