Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

snuffer kit on nacra 460  Bottom

• Hi:Im the owner of brand new nacra460 ,I order direct from factory (usa),Icant mount the snuffer kit ,the owners manual are usseles ,from factory the same, they didnt answer my mails,from nacra europe they told me sent my mails to the factory.I dont want to bore you people.Here are my Q:
    Were fit the assy. sail on the mast
    Which way the snnufer pole go fw.
    The wires that came whit the pole do not reach the hull.
    The swivel cleat were fit on the front beam
    The two small blcks were fit on the front beam
    Accordingto the owners manual pg 9 I have the basic bridle I think I need the snuffer bridle, the dont sent me
    Ok for now its enough.
    The boat is only two month old
    Im from argentina ,IM sorry for my english :
  • it's going to be hard for anyone who doesn't have a 460 with spin to help you, but we can try

search for photos of the 460 and other nacras with spins

http://www.h2o-sensations.com/eshop/prodimages/nacra/boats/460Sport.JPG

http://prosailing.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/frame_500.jpg

keep trying the factory

if you have parts wrong they will have to send them
  • If you ordered it direct from the US factory, have them help you set it up. Call them, ask for Jack, he will help. End of story. . . .

Where are you located and what is your name?

--
    Philip
    --
  • Ok. thanks for your support. teh owners manual that I fouded on the web its teh same Ihave black and white photos from the mids '70 on the cover say NACRA OWNERS MANUALS 500,570,blast,etc,etc
    Jack , he know me and my problem and never answer my mails
    I stat to think is the first nacra 460 sport that the factory sold in the world
    Im form argentina and my name is miguel ,Im a weekend sailor
  • Miguel,
    I put several of these boats together. I can tell you that an owners manual is not going to help you much. Trust me, parts sent don't always fit and might be wrong. Call Jack. You ordered the boat from him. If you can't speak English you have a problem. Miquel, don't write or email, call him . . .
    California, USA Phone # 714-835-6416

--
    Philip
    --
  • Thanks Philip:I spent u$s16000 (boat ,shipping ,taxes) to get my Nacra460 down here.I really dont understand why is to difficult to the factoy send my a diagram where the parts fits and ist ok
    The company is not serious as it would be
  • Let me know how it goes. If we have to, I will talk you through it on Skype as a last resort. I hope your English is better than my Spanish.
    If you like, send me a plane ticket and I put it together for you. :)

--
    Philip
    --
  • The pictures to the link that Eric posted, well, I put that boat together . . . and lucky you, I have some high resolution photos of it. Send me your email . . . .

--
    Philip
    --
  • Like I said before I need to drill and put some rivets on the beam and on the mast and i dont know if i have the rigth parts
  • Miguel,

Just want to second what Philip has already told you. Jack has always been very helpful when I've called the factory. He was happy to take as much time as I needed to answer some of my questions.

Call him, if only to arrange some other means of communication.
  • Miguel, see if you can get some pictures up of the parts you have and where you need to drill into the beam. you can put pics up at this site or somewhere else and post the link here
  • Ok: send me any mail addres and send you some photos : i dont know how to transfer my photos from picasa to this forum.
  • send pics to me at ericeaso@yahoo.com and i'll try to post them

eric e
  • so here are miguel's Q's

Dear Gunnar: nacra euro
    Sorry to disturb you.But i cant get an aswer from USA dealer.
    I send to you these photos from my boat and the parts they sent me, and also I have a cup of questions.
    1. what part do i attach to the mast and how far down fron the top?
    2. the cables from spin pole, where do they attach on the pole and hull?
    3.the forestay adjuster is it the correct?,according to the manual page 9 I have the basic bridle
    4. which end on the spi boom goes on the front beam?
    5. where does the swivel cleatgo(how far from the mast on starboard side of the main beam?)
    Thanks for any help and sorry for my english
    Sincerelly
    Miguel Gonzalez Martinez

here are 5 of the 16pics he sent me

http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pnUserPictures&func=showGallery&uid=23776&cat_id=0&pic_id=327&startnum=5

http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pnUserPictures&func=showGallery&uid=23776&cat_id=0&pic_id=328&startnum=4

http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pnUserPictures&func=showGallery&uid=23776&cat_id=0&pic_id=329&startnum=3

http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pnUserPictures&func=showGallery&uid=23776&cat_id=0&pic_id=330&startnum=2

http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pnUserPictures&func=showGallery&uid=23776&cat_id=0&pic_id=331&startnum=1

mummp have pm'd you miguel's email address

edited by: erice, Nov 14, 2009 - 07:16 AM
  • erice I sent via private mss. my mail to mummp,if he doesnt have it you can send it
  • YAWN,
    O.K. Eric and Miguel and good morning. I looked over the photos and can answer most of these questions. A couple of quick answers.
    The pole bridles share the same tang as the forstay bridals. I did not see a spin hound in the provided parts. Is it on the mast? It would be mounted above the stock rigging hound. The picture of the pole with the turning block, it is that end that mounts to the cross beam. It is there for the single line system. I did not see a snuffing bag and hoop. Did you get one? I assume you got a spin with the kit as well as the halyard, tack line and spin sheet, and spin blocks. I will send you guys my email so reply to that.

Again, you should call Jack. Have you called him and if so, is he not returning your calls?

--
    Philip
    --
  • vivaelreyerice I sent via private mss. my mail to mummp,if he doesnt have it you can send it

Eric,
    Your PM did not have your email. Could you please send. Thanks.
    Edit:My bad, I see your email above, so disregard . . .

edited by: mummp, Nov 14, 2009 - 10:50 AM

--
    Philip
    --
  • Ok: I didnt call Jack.I think I have all the lines as the sail .Please dont name the small parts, thats why put the numbers because i dont know all the names in english for the lines (ropes) first I need assembly the structure and then figure it out
    Im ok
    Sorry for my writing and english
    Thanks so much to you guys
    Miguel
  • Sorry Good Morning
  • Miguel,
    I think your problem is going to be with the forestay bridal system. I need to see what you have.
    Is there a reason for not calling Jack?

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.