Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Batten tensioner  Bottom

• Hello,

Has anybody used batten tensioner similar to what I have found at Murrays? See link below.

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=07-1528&Category_Code=C-B&Store_Code=MS
    or go to www.murrays.com and search for "batten tensioner"abd click on the second result.

Are there other similar system available out there? Would you recommend them, and why?

In advance, thanks for your replies.

Laurent
  • i have never seen them in person but IMHO... it is not hard to tie off battens and its actually a good skill to lean (how and when to adjust batten tension).

I would recommend (for everyone) to read up and learn when and why to adjust and make these changes as needed prior to sailing
  • Andrew,
    I agree with the idea of adjusting your batten tension depending on the wind strength; the system I am looking for does not prevent you from doing it; on the contrary. The adjustment would be easier to do and it should also be easier to achieve a fine tuned adjustment.
    I am just wondering if they are as easy to use as they seem, if there are cheaper alternatives, and if they last long enough without breaking.

Cheers,

Laurent
  • i had another thought on these adjusters.. i wouldn't want to be any where's near a sail that had these little things attached flogging in 30-40 knots of wind... look like a perfect little projectile to take my eye out!
  • In 30-40 knot winds, batten tensioners are the least of your problems.
  • H16-71388In 30-40 knot winds, batten tensioners are the least of your problems.

my cat was on the beach last tuesday in 30-40knot (not expected) and i had many concerns about my boat... but...
    the last thing i WOULD have wanted to think about (or worse happen) was someones hardware getting flicked around and hitting me.

I can totally see these things becoming shaken lose in heavy air on a flogging sail...

edited by: andrewscott, Nov 04, 2009 - 04:55 PM

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.