Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

results of the juana's Good Time Regatta  Bottom

• I am a bit late to see this.. but check out the results of the juana's Good Time Regatta (H18)
    Thanks so much for coming out to the Regatta last weekend. We had a record turn out this year with 70 boats registered and 5 windsurfers. Below is a list of award winners, committee/safety boat members, and sponsors.

AWARDS

Windsurf
    1. Bert Rice
    2. Jim Leonard
    3. Steve Bogan

H-16 (has been revised)
    1. Carl Renelt and Bridget Precise
    2. John Bizzeil and Jackie Robbins
    3. Jerome and Jane Vaughn

Formula 16
    1. Chris Amador and Rene Humphries
    2. Andy Humphries and Austin Evans
    3. Mike Bordon

Nacra 20
    1. Kirk Newkirk and Glenn Holmes
    2. Mark Smith and Michael Rice
    3. John MacDonald and Tony Thomas

H-18
    1. Damon Linkous WAY TO GO DAMON!!!
    2. Paul Price and Crew
    3. Glenn Bolner and Terry Turner

Open A
    1. Randy Smyth (A-Cat)
    2. Mark Ederer and Danny Roberts (18 H-T)
    3. Kenny Boudreau and Ricky Klein (F-18)

Open B
    1. Kris Ridgeway and Michelle Sutherland (H-Getaway)
    2. Duly Charltain and Ross Roundtree (P-18)
    3. Ray Breneman and Crew

Cruisers
    1. Auk Tui (Mike Pedersen, Jason Knoll, and Crew)
    2. Perigee (Doug Craig, Deb Haywood, and Crew)
    3. Tristan (Tom and Diane Pelczynski and Crew)

Best overall co-ed
    Chris Armador and Renee Humphries

Carlton Tucker Award
    Glenn, Gregg, Mark, and Mike Tepe

Best Breasts Award

Kris Ridgeway and Michelle Sutherland
  • Andrew, were you there? Can't believe we were both there and didn't meet. Of course it was a long beach full of boats and lots going on.

We had 9 Hobie 18's! First time in many years I have seen a Hobie 18 class that big, even including Hobie events I've entered. And I got a really nice large mug as a trophy!
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=66147
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=66148&g2_serialNumber=3&g2_GALLERYSID=01b44da406c9168cee528b5a5a50a065

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I've made some calls looking for the complete results, if anyone has them please let me know.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • No Damon, i wasn't there. i saw these results on another site and thought your visitors should know ... :) again congrats

I am really not into racing... i have raced several times and i find distance races boring and to long. Plus i sail with great sailors every week and i get beat all the time against them (just going to an island.. etc) why pay and have my name in print to do the same thing!

If i race, i prefer to go around the cans.. as they are short races and if you really blow it.. there is another chance to win another race.

That being said, i have agreed to crew for my 74 mentor this season on his mono. I did it one time last year and we won 4 of 6 races and overall. i must admit.. winning was fun.... :) My biggest hesitation was i dont want to give up sailing my cat since i only get to do it about 150 days a year (hahah).. sick.. but the truth :) .

He is a bit grumpy and its real fun to watch him yell at the other boats :) . He is so knowledgeble that i expect to learn more in 1 season with him than i had in my first 25 years sailing (doesnt say much since the first 20 i wasn't very serious.. as i have been the past 5 years)

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.