Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Righting Bag  Bottom

• I am looking to get a "Righting Bag" but am not in the mood to spend $200 bucks.

What are you guys using, how much did it cost, where did you get it?

Thanks!
  • Cool avatar!

Laser????? You are not helping the multi hull cause!! icon_lol
  • I had a murrays.. bought it used. it worked at first but develped searious leaks. i called murrays and they said (i still can't believe it) its suppoesd to leak like that??? i said it didn't leak when i first got it and that makes no sence. i tried to seal it with sillicone sealant (for tents and such).. didn't help it.

so i ordered a large one from SaltyDog.com after seeing my friends bag... i haven't tried it since i got it (last fall) but i am ready...

the blocks are the most expensive part...

PS i bet u will wish you spent the 200 if you dont get it and need it... heck i need a new tiller... 150 for a stick!
  • One of the ideas was to get a water proofing bag like are used on commercial rafting trips. Very heavy duty and strong...I'll check the price....
  • TileMan5309One of the ideas was to get a water proofing bag like are used on commercial rafting trips. Very heavy duty and strong...I'll check the price....

i used to carry my Navy Seabag with me as a righting bag... could work in a pinch.. but i would recommend you get a bag specially made to do this job.

I have been capsized ... being pushed about 15knots towards breakers... that would be the wrong time to learn my righting bag cant handle the stress.

If you make a custom bag... be sure to test it several times in different conditions to make sure it will save you.... (life/boat/others)
  • I have one from Salty Dog. It makes a great sea anchor, but I have never really needed a righting bag to get the boat upright.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.