Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Waterproof MP3 Player Pouch  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• I purchased mine from Discount Marine but they are no longer
    I found it on http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=208436430&listingid=45648236 for $46 with shipping.
  • I picked mine up at Academy and the brand is dry-pak. I have a phone and camera case from them as well. They also float. I just use the cheap headphones/earbuds when needed I replace them.
  • parrotmomI picked mine up at Academy and the brand is dry-pak. I have a phone and camera case from them as well. They also float. I just use the cheap headphones/earbuds when needed I replace them.

!! I was asking so I could have some tunes for an upcoming trip to Eufaula. I sail at Hefner regularly. PMing you.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010Y0ZOG/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

It worked just fine. Thanks.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • I just bought a pair of powered speakers at office depot called tweakers. Small enough to fit in a ziplock bag with a generic mp3 player(taped it to the boom). We were jamming for about 3 hrs or so before the rechargeable battery ran out. Not bad for 20 bucks!

--
    Flightlead Bimare F18 HT SpaceCoast
    --
  • I got the EGO for my Hobie and its very nice, and tested pretty good, road in upside down in the surf flipped boat back over and was still playing, so I know the fish where
    happy too.

http://www.atlanticego.com/

Danny
  • same unit as my Rock Water Tunes and it has worked well in all conditions except when it's honking and you can't hear it that well

danny757I got the EGO for my Hobie and its very nice, and tested pretty good, road in upside down in the surf flipped boat back over and was still playing, so I know the fish where
    happy too.

http://www.atlanticego.com/

Danny

• how long do the batteries last on your units (in actual use)?

i get 2 weekends out of my 8C batts (5 or 6 sails) in my ihome player (in a dry bag).
  • andrewscotthow long do the batteries last on your units (in actual use)?

i get 2 weekends out of my 8C batts (5 or 6 sails) in my ihome player (in a dry bag).

Four AA Batteries will last about 8 hours

be sure to turn the volume of the iPod to the max and adjust the listening volume with the volume control of the player

edited by: snowcat58239, Nov 04, 2009 - 05:02 PM
  • That EGO looks like the way to go for tunes on the water. Why didn't you guys tell me about this sooner??

--
    Flightlead Bimare F18 HT SpaceCoast
    --
  • I bought a few RCA Jet Splash Proof mp3 players for $10 from woot a while back...I gave a sailing buddy one, gave my wife one, and kept the other. It seemed like an easy, hassle free way to get tunes on the water, as I could just strap it to my arm and go, no water proof bag, etc.

I went sailing with it; it worked great.

Took it out a second time, this time after spending 2 hours loading it w/ a GB of tunes, and it worked fine. That aforementioned sailing buddy flipped his ride, though, so I picked up some crew and went to help. My crew had no wetsuit, so I left him the helm and jumped off to help right the other boat...totally forgetting about the 'splash proof' player. It worked for about 5 more minutes, growing quieter and quieter until it quit. Apparently being fully submerged isn't what they meant.

So I took it home, disassembled it, threw the pieces in a bag of rice for a couple days. I reassembled it today, and all worked fine. I went sailing this morning and after 10 minutes I looked down at it wondering why it was at full volume, and apparently I stripped the screws when I put it back together b/c the face was missing and it was all wet. About 20 minutes after that I pitch-poled the 5.2 and it jumped ship (or body) and was never seen again. When I got back to shore I found the face laying in the sand.

So now I'm back to the bag I listed previously.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.