Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New guy  Bottom

• A good friend got me on his h18 about a month ago and hooked me good. After a couple of good afternoons we started looking for a boat for myself. I studied up here and with the help of my friend I was able to purchase a fairly nice h16 with trailer for $800. The boat was listed here in the classifieds.
    As chance would have it I located another cat which had bad hulls but new tramp, rigging, trap harnesses, comp mast and decent sails. I bought that one for $450. I put the new rigging and comp mast on the first boat and I now have a super condition boat and enough stuff to build a second.

I have been learning to sail it on a small lake close to my home. I have had it out about 6 times and have managed to flip it once, spend about 45 min on the wire, fly the hull a couple of times, and generally have a great time learning the ropes.

I want to thank my friend Paul (known here as popeze7) for taking the time to get me involved.

You might remember seeing this boat advertised here:
    http://images52.fotki.com/v1551/photos/0/721600/7785690/IMG_39351-vi.jpg
  • Welcome and glad to hear you caught the bug. Enjoy your time on the water. Sailing is a great, and fairly inexpensive, activity that you will enjoy for years.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Hey Tag16....Glad to help out, glad I got ya hooked. We just gotta get re-hooked on the 18 again but in a little stronger wind. (Kinda soft the day we went out.) Gotta give ya a 'white-knuckle' ride if it ever stops raining here in
    NY state or waitin for some wind icon_frown Like I've always said ''Don't fear the speed~~ Fear the Addiction'' icon_biggrin

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.