Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mystery cat but no photo - and trapeze set up  Bottom

• Hi all - something of an odd one...
    I recently acquired a c16 foot cat, beam c. 8ft. Rig is a fractional jib, a fully battened trainagular main (no high aspect jazziness), with boom, and trapezoidal stays on a c.27ft mast. The sail logo is a long horizontal triangle with a hawk's head. The sail number has a K, and she is adorned with slightly tatty Union Jack stickers: I think she was therefore campaigned outside the UK. She has a single trapeze, with no spinnaker, and seems to be about twenty years old. She has centreboards and foredecks raised so as to be flush with the central beam, and from the front of the tramp aft, the deck is about three inches lower. I can't find a builder's plate or stamp and am pretty much stumped. No sign on your mystery cats page or photo gallery either - and alas I don't have a digital camera to contribute. I bought her from a fisherman who wasn't much help, but said the previous owner had said she was under weight (though I doubt this is the case now)....

Also, does anyone have a good link to diagrams for decent trapeze set ups?

Thanks in anticipation!

Stockers
  • that makes it somewhat hard to imagine, any chance of getting a picture?
  • is it in the UK?
    is it made of fibreglass?
    does it have hull ports?
    no numbers stamped/engraved into the sterns at all?

the deck drop sounds like a sol cat but that's 30 years old, american and 18foot

edited by: erice, Jul 29, 2009 - 10:26 PM
  • The description of the sail logo made me think that I had something like this in the Beachcats Identification folder
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…=pictures&g2_itemId=3120

But I don't see anything.

Surely you have or know someone with a camera phone. If you can snap pics you can email them to me, probably straight from the phone these days.

damon
    at
    TheBeachcats.com

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonAdmin, kingwilly, erice; thanks very much!

I borrowed a digi camera and have put up some pictures in the gallery at:
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pictures&g2_itemId=64723

She is in the UK, is GRP an had 4 inspection hatches originally (I put a further two in). No makers plate, alas. I think I've got the correct sail, but I could well be wrong, of course.

J

• somebody in the uk who works for swell catamarans could probably pick it

Reg White designed the tornado and hurricane and his son the swell spitfire i think

it looks a little like a scaled down tornado

http://www.swell-catamarans.co.uk/contact/index.html
  • I believe what you have is a Condor. I saw several in Clearwater Beach in Florida in the early 80s. I have a picture of one.
  • Dalesman 49 - thank you very much indeed. I'd be very glad to look at your pics as I'm replacing a lot of the harware, and trying to work out how to make it go fast.

Thanks again - and if there are any other Condor sailors around, I'd be very glad to hear from them.
  • I'm not much of a computer guy . I don't know how to load a picture onto this site. I can however send it direct to you if you provide an email. Cheers Larry

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.