Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.0 with 5.2 Rigging???  Bottom

• I'm talking mast, boom, sails, etc. Will it work? What will happen to the performance? Also can you put a 5.2 spinnaker setup on a 5.0.

edited by: man200me, Jul 14, 2009 - 05:17 PM
  • presumably the mast and boom will be too long for the hulls and possibly the stays will have to be shortened

mast too long will mean it flips easier and is harder to get back up, unless your shorten it which would also mean shortening the sails and rigging...

boom too long would mean sheeting angle incorrect, probably the traveller track would need to be repositioned on the rear beam as the 5.0 is boomless right

start googling specs and pics of the 2 boats and see what you think

more trouble than it's worth is what i think
  • I'd imagine that its a small pain but not _that_ bad. You might have to move the tang on the boom forward a bit, but that's not an issue. The 5.2 has 10% more sail, is 4" longer, and weighs 40 more lbs. The one major difference might be the forestay and bridle wires.

Righting it may truly suck...probably just depends how much longer the mast is (I'd guess about a foot.)

Is there a standard 5.2 spin setup you're referring to?

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • After doing some looking I have found that the 5.0 mast is 27.6 feet and the 5.2 is 27.8 feet. And the 5.2 is not much longer. From what I have read the tramp is the same dimentions on both boats. From all of this I am coming to the conclusion that the 5.2 is a dagger board version of the 5.0. The extra length may have been put up front or in the back.

Now just have to figure the length differance between the stays.

As for the spinnaker, I have no idea where to start. I'm assuming the a Hobie 16 setup would work flawlessly, Well almost.

edited by: man200me, Jul 14, 2009 - 09:54 PM

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.