Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

righting pole  Bottom

• I want a righting pole for my h-18. i have found a design i like but i cant figure out how to attach it. it looks like the pole hinges at the center of the dolphin striker and has two lines going to the pontoon/beam connection on each side of the boat. when you are underway the pole is straped to the center of the bottom of the tramp. the hinge is the confusing part. my dolphin striker is in the way or my tramp is in the way. what do i do? make some wierd flange? attach it to the striker?
  • Check out the Righting Sticks folks have made, on this web site, in the Technical Help Gallery.
  • rick's and others tend to require drilling and riveting to the main beam just behind the DS

i went over for the 1st time this year and it again focuses my mind on sorting out a righting pole for my nacra 5.2

it needs to be longer than the tramp for solo use so i'm thinking of making a telescoping one where the tip of a skinny windsurfer mast comes out of the base of a fatter windsurfer mast

to attach to the DS i think i will disassemble it, add a large alloy plate under the nut, then follow up with another nut

that should give me a base plate for the pole to mount to

today's dunking happened when i came up to round a mark at a headland, was still on trapeze coming right up to the mark when a gust coming down the other side of the headland caught the sail on the back side

hull came up and teabagged me on the wrong side

maybe i could have saved it then by just unhooking but i tried to pull myself back onto the tramp and just pulled the boat over on me

used my waterproof phone to call the local boat rental club and 5 minutes later he lifted the mast enough for my puny 75kg to bring up the rest of the boat

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.