Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Best source for parts for an H-16  Bottom

• Hooray! I just bought an 87 H-16. Paid $1,000 for it, including trailer. Hulls and sails seem to be in good shape as far as I can tell, standing rigging seems in good shape, all the running rigging is crap, tramp will need replacement soon. It does need a tiller. (The guy I bought it from didn't know what a tiller was - he said he steered it just holding on to the crossbar connecting the rudders!) Also needs trapezes, and I'll want to put a float on top of the mast. (They don't have floatation inside the mast, do they?)

So... my question: Where's the best place to get parts? I'm not opposed to buying used parts for some things (e.g. tiller), but the lines and probably tramp might be best to buy new. Should I just buy line by the foot, or get lines specially cut for the hobie?

Yee haw!

Duncan
  • The word I actually used to describe the running rigging rhymes with clap, and is a synonym for feces, but this site replaced it with ******. Jeeze, talk about picky!
  • there are tons of choices,
    Hobie dealers for anything you need new, this site is a good resource for used parts.

you can by line kits from SaltyDog.com.. i hear they are good. I personally like high tech dynema blended line for my sheets.

I would also find a local shop that can provide parts/lines/stays etc... and support your local scene!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.