Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Technical Help Gallery  Bottom

• I was just reading popeyez's forum on 'why no comments?' and went into the THG to check out his paint job, not bad, his H18 looks a lot like yellowhulls H18, lol, just kidding.

But while I was there I checked out my own album, "how to build your own mast step setup", I was quite amazed to see how many hits the album has. I would hazard a guess that there are many sailors out there who solo quite a bit and raising the mast by yourself can put a damper on sailing. I would be interested to hear some feedback on how/if this album has helped any sailors out there step their own mast.

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Robert,

The technical help albums are an extremely popular and useful part of the site, all contributed by generous sailors like yourself who took the time to document what they have done (or had done to them).

People probably get tired of me commenting every time I see something useful, or somebody says they are working on something "Please take pictures and make some note to post in the Technical Help Gallery!".

A simple thing like "hobie 18 wing pvc wing supports", I have been told by quite a few winged sailors that they built a set. (usually they say they made them slightly differently than mine, to which I respond, "Please take pictures and make some note to post in the Technical Help Gallery!")

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Is there a way to add pictures to an existing album that is not your own? I have a few pictures of the wing supports I made for trailering my H18M but thought it would be good to have them all in the same album.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • probably not...... make a new album, some of the albums kinda get forgotten about!!!

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • smfinleyIs there a way to add pictures to an existing album that is not your own?

Most albums are set to allow new sub-albums, but not new individual pictures. So just add a new album and put your pictures there.

Let me know how it goes, I'd like to see your pics.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • It looks like I don't have any pictures of the wing support in use, but I will take a couple of just the support and upload them. Haven't used it in a while.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.