Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 Bridle wire replacing  Bottom

• I have a 1972 Prindle 16 and am quickly finding out that the original wires do not last long. I have to replace one of the bridle wires (actually I am doing both just in case and too ensure same length). Any suggestions on how to get the bow tang off easily? I actually bent a flathead screwdriver trying to unscrew one of the screws. Can I get away with only removing one side of the tang and sliding it under? Any other suggestions are very welcome.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    Atlanta, GA

edited by: Wolf_6, Jun 08, 2009 - 04:15 PM
  • I'm having the same trouble- and was told to just cut the old one off-with wire cutters, and attach the new one with a shackle- but I don't like that solution. John
  • The anchor bar for the bridal wires are aluminum and the bolt is stainless steel, this is the main problem they are hard to remove. I cut the head of the bolt off to be able to remove. When I replace the bridal wire I also replace the anchor bar with a stainless steel one, put in a new bolt and I add a nylon locking nut as well.
  • Hullflyer,
    I knew I would have to cut off the bolt (already ordered new parts) but were you able to slip the wire in or did you have to loosen the top bolt? I am not sure what the top bolt has underneath and am afrtaid that once I loosen it I can never tighten it back.
  • I did not try and loosen the other bolt that goes into the hull. I just bent it up enough to put the new bridal wire on, then put the new bolt on and tighten.
  • Thanks...that is what I was hoping to be able to do.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.