Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Photo Album FAQ Instructions  Bottom

• Hey Damon

Thanks for all the help! I have found tons of great information for my cat rebuuild project. I just picked up some bar keepers helper and whink to clean up my baby before her paint job this weekend. I would post pics of all the work i am doing but the instructions seem to point to tabs that are not there or have diffrent names. Any chance you can double check them for me when you get a free minute? it's not like you are going to be sailing any way... :)
  • PDS624I would post pics of all the work i am doing but the instructions seem to point to tabs that are not there or have diffrent names. Any chance you can double check them for me when you get a free minute? it's not like you are going to be sailing any way... :)

Yes, I hadn't looked at the FAQ instructions for a while (years) and they are written for a previous version. Don't have time to fix it today.

The current version is pretty simple though, to upload pics to the Technical Help Gallery.

Login
    Go to http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=10570

Click on "Add Album" in the left menu.

Give your album a filename, title, short summary, and description, then submit the form. (ignore other options)

Now you are inside the new album, click on "Add Items" in the left menu.

Chose an upload method and upload your pictures. The gallery will handle the resizes for you. Use the upload applet for uploading lots of pictures, or if your pictures are right out of the camera, large file sized pictures can take a long time to upload, but the upload applet will do the resizing before the upload, saving time and load on the image server.

If you could do all this and write a tutorial from a users point of view, it would be a great help.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hey Damon see if this works for you. I uploaded a bunch of pics and it worked great so I took what you sent and added to it.

Thanks again and stay tuned for all the additional question I will be asking as I get farther along in this project

Creating an album and uploading pictures

01. Login
    02. Go to http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pictures&g2_itemId=10570
    03. Click on "Add Album" in the left menu.
    04. Give your album a filename
    05. Give your album a title
    06. Fill in a short summary and description
    07. Submit the form. (ignore other options)
    08. Now you are inside the new album, click on "Add Items" in the left menu.
    09. Browse to the picture to be uploaded
    10. Add a caption for the photo (humor optional)
    Repeat steps 9 and 10 until all pictures are selected
    Note: The gallery will handle the resizes for you. Use the upload applet for uploading lots of pictures, or if your pictures are right out of the camera, large file sized pictures can take a long time to upload, but the upload applet will do the resizing before the upload, saving time and load on the image server.

11. Select the Add items button and be patient if you added a lot of big pictures it could take a while
    12. Refresh your web browser and you should be able to find your album in the album list. You?re done
  • Is it possible to add pictures to an existing album (that you did not create?) I would like to add pics into the album "sleeping cats"...but i'm not sure how to do so.
  • NatesmallIs it possible to add pictures to an existing album (that you did not create?) I would like to add pics into the album "sleeping cats"...but i'm not sure how to do so.

No, generally it is not possible to add individual pictures (items), but you can add a new album inside another album, then you have control over that new album.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • ''Sleeping cats'' in the 'tech help gallery' ?? Is that the one your looking at Nate?? Well, if it is thats ONE of my albums and no I won't let you in there.. (password rights)...... Just make one of yer own, then ya can do what ya want with it !!! and besides my Hobie's just might sink yer Solcat icon_eek ..... LOL

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • thems fighting words! It's on...april...lake of the woods...dry suits and all. and maybe a chainsaw to cut away the ice. haha icon_razz
  • I'am glad you like my idea of "sleeping cats". I did that after one of our great N.Y. state snow storms dumped too much snow on my unprotected cats, and it crushed the back rollers into my 17 hulls... (Thats also in the tech gallery). I do have some others in there as well~~ How I painted my cats & 18 Hobie reborn and some other one, not sure what it is.... also one in the photo album~~members~~"popeyes place"

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • For PDS624, or anyone else looking for Barkeepers Friend. If you can't locate the stuff, go to any janitorial supply store, you can get the same cleaner for very cheap. Just ask for a product that contains oxalic acid. It comes in several forms, premixed, powder, or concentrated liquid. The latter 2 you dilute with plain water to the strength you require, & they work very well. I was amazed at how well it cleaned up my sailing dinghy.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.